It took the Pistons about 10 minutes to get into a grove, but once they did it was all over for the Kings. The Pistons beat the Kings 91-74, led by Richard Hamilton’s 19 points. The return of Ron Artest was as uneventful as I thought it would be. Pistons fans did their best to show their displeasure with Ron he was booed loudly when he was announced during introductions and whenever he touched the ball. Other than that it was just a good old fashioned beat down, one that The Detroit Pistons sorely needed.
Key Points the Ron-Ron edition:
- Ron didn’t come out right away to warm up with the Kings before the game. When he did finally walk out he stuck close to the Kings bench.
- Ron looks like a total douchebag with that mohawk.
- I actually didn’t see this but Ron played imaginary catch with “friends” in the stands. I want to know who those “friends” are.
- Artest was 6-for-14 for 14 points with 6 rebounds and 4 turnovers.
- I have gotten over my hate for Ron. I even feel a bit sorry for the guy, he has got to be a little light in the brain department.
- Artest had this to say, “They’re not as good as they used to be,” he said. “I can’t really point it out. I remember playing against another type of team.”
- Remember when he called this his job?
- Everyone seemed to make fun of his one leg tight look.
- My fantasy basketball hero Kevin Martin was just 1-for-7.
- Chauncey Billups only took 4 shots.
- McDyess looked rejuvenated again, though he bobbled a couple of great passes by Webber that would have led to easy dunks.
- Not only am I happy we have Chauncey back, it’s good to have Lindsey back too.
- Nazr is the new Darko.
- Delfino is starting to be a defensive specialist, I just wish his shots would start falling.
- Nazr doesn’t want to be traded now.
- I like Dippin Dots.
- I was expecting Maxiell to get some thunder dunks, but he just gets mauled when he’s down low.
- Antonio McDyess was 6-for-6, perfect from the floor.
- Tayshaun Prince silently scored 17.
- Kevin Garnett is suspended for 1 game for throwing a punch at Dyess.
- Mike Bibby looks weird without a headband on.
- How can the Pistons trade McDyess, we are going to need him to start when Rasheed starts serving those suspensions for technical fouls.
- It took a little bit more time getting into the Palace, they broke out extra security and metal detectors.
- I was happy to see Corliss, he had a great game for the Kings with 17 off the bench.
- This was a much needed win and it was nice to not have to go down to the wire.
- Pistons 52 rebounds to the Kings 40.
- I actually got bored watching this one.
- Sheed looks like he had a little fun while the bench was playing.
Random MySpace comment on my Need4Sheed page.
thanx 4 da add pops….u dont noe how much dis meen 2 a nigga..
lyke fatha lyke sunn…i got yo 3ball and yo boardz….and yo blockin skillz ….strait up. holla
God help Americas youth.