The Pistons -Timberwolves game looked like it was going to be a carbon copy of Monday nights loss at the Palace. But thankfully Richard Hamilton knocked down a shot to tie the game up 79-79 to send the game into overtime. Just when it looked like it was over, Chauncey Billups hit a three over Mike James with seconds left on the clock to send the game into another OT. In double OT it was all Pistons as they beat the Timberwolves 104-98.
Kevin Garnett and Antonio McNice got into a bit of a scuffle, in which both players were ejected. See for yourself.
- Mike James knocked down a crazy circus 3 point shot that almost had the game locked for the Timberwolves. I called it right when he shot it that he clearly stepped out of bounds, and the replay showed it.
- Ba Ba Ba Billups is back.
- Maxiell had 7 points in 14 minutes.
- Not much Delfino in this one, just 13 minutes 0 points.
- Pretty passes from C-Webb.
- The Pistons shot horribly in the first half, but once again their D kept them in it.
- Add another T to Wallace’s total. He is now leading the league with 13. I think Fatima needs to step in.
- Blount lights up the Pistons again with 22 and a season high 15 boards.
- Mark Madsen gets on my last nerve, but you got to give it up to him. The only reason he’s still playing in the NBA is pure hustle.
- I do not want anything to do with Marco Jaric.
- I usually heart KG, but not today.
- I have always had a special place in my heart for McDyess, but he was gangster tonight. He usually never speaks above a whisper, tonight he went right at Garnett.
- Before Garnett was ejected he pulled down 19 boards.
- Rip Hamilton 51 minutes, 26 points, 5 assists and 7 rebounds.
- Chris Webber started his first game as a Piston.
- Tayshaun Prince struggled from the floor. He was just 3-for-11 for 8 points, but he had 3 key blocks.
- I am so glad that Bill Walton didn’t call the game.
- Sheed, 18 points, 9 boards and passion.
- Webber had a nice showing, 8-for-12 shooting for 16 points. He also had 4 assists and 7 rebounds.
- The Pistons bench scored just 11 points.
- Mike James played 50 minutes for the Timberwolves tonight, Monday he only played 24.
- The Pistons needed this one badly.
- Chauncey Billups has 26 points and was 4-for-6 from downtown.
- Artest is excited for his Palace return. Need4Sheed commenter Junior, is sporting this tomorrow as a welcome.
- I will be there too and booing, but the he’s too much of a joke for me to even care that much.
- I have Air Force One goodness to come.
- Garnett actually threw a punch, but I will be surprised if he gets suspended.
- Flip Murray 4 minutes, Natalie all smiles.
- Heavy starter minutes.
- Tay is so good, I wish he could be more consistent.
- Pistons were out rebounded by 10.
- Dyess’s play has shown he wants nothing more than to be a Piston.
TroublemakerChris Sheridan talks with Joe Dumars about the Pistons’ problems and whether there are changes ahead.