Tony was the spark in the second quarter that kept us in the game when Chauncey was struggling in the first half. I can’t be any happier with the acquisition of Tony Delk. Tony has shown me more in the short time that he has been with Detroit than Carlos Arroyo ever did in a Pistons uniform. I always felt uncomfortable when Arroyo was in charge of theball, I didn’t like his shot selection and I sometimes questioned his habit of adding flash to a play when there was no need for it. I am sure he will be a fine player for Orlando they seem to love him there, I just never thought he was the right fit for the Pistons. Tony Delk on the other hand accepts his role, gets the ball to the hot hand and flushes the open jumper. Another piece of the puzzle.
Once again no Delfino, what more can I say about that.
Shaq and Wade teamed up for 57 of the Miami’s 82 points, nobody else on the Heat was even in double figures. Shaq looks a lot better than he has in the last couple of seasons, having lost some weight but he’s still a big boy.
Need4Sheed team member Billy Billups was in the house rooting for our boys. He had a few gems to share with us.
- There is nothing like watching a game at The Palace, Detroit has the Best Fans In The League.
- The Heat fans though loud in the first half, didn’t have much to cheer about in the second and were extremely quiet.
- Very few Miami fans represent their team by wearing Heat apparel, unlike they do in Detroit.
- One young man in his early twenties wouldn’t sit down the whole game shouting vulgarities at no one else but SHEED, but every time Sheed hit a basket he sat down and sulked.
- Miami’s alternate uniforms are even uglier in person.
- With their team down 84-79 with 3:46 left the crowd was almost silent as if they had given up and started walking to the exits. In Detroit we would be cheering our team on to victory.
- When Hamilton hit his jump shot with 1:47 left in the game 80% of the crowd that was left stood in unison and left the building.
- Jeff aka Billy Billups, chanted Deeetroit Basssketballl all the way to the car. Ironically it was his Birthday and he said it was the best present he could get, a Detroit win over Miami.
Next stop Orlando to visit some old friends.