What I’ve gleaned from watching just two games so far, since I’m going to tackle the Oklahoma City 83-64 loss that happened Wednesday afternoon.
- Andre Drummond is everything we think he is and hopefully more. The big guy is a project, but after I saw how easy he makes it look to block a shot I was sold. You can see why they say he needs to put forth a little (or a lot) more effort when you watch him sauntering down the court. When he learns how to hustle on every play…watch out.His free throws however are something to behold. I can probably hit more than him and I haven’t shot a regulation free throw since I was in the ninth grade.
- Kyle Singler will be a very serviceable player for the Pistons.
- Austin Day will probably forever be hot or very, very cold. I’m not giving him a pass for putting up 24 points in a summer league game, but I’m pulling for him for two reasons. He’s go a nice shot when he’s on, and if he plays well he might actually be able to be worth something in a trade.
- Yancy Gates was a surprise.
- Khris Middleton hasn’t shown much of anything yet.
- I might be really sold on Kim English who’s got a sweet shot, and scored 18 against the Jazz in his first game.
Wins or losses, this part of the rebuilding is going to be fun. I’m excited to see the team play this year as well as the new renovations at The Palace.
Pistons vs. OKC via NBA.COM