- Inside look at Media Day via Pistons.com
- Stuckey says he was misquoted in the Dime piece. They are “among” the best teams on paper. He also says the sky is the limit.
- Rip and Tay not surprised they are back. Really? We want the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- Patrick Hayes over at PistonsPowered has a slew of Video interviews from media day…go check them out. He of course got a little Need4Swede, who talks about keeping his starting job.
- Will Rip hold his tongue with the new crack down on technical fouls?
- Mr. Glass McGrady feeling healthy.
- Kuester not worried about the backcourt rotation? He should be, unless he knows something is going down.
- Don’t forget open practice this Saturday.
- Could Ike make the roster?
Ikechukwu Somtochukwu Diogu or, “Ike” Diogu as he’s known has agreed to come to camp with the Pistons and is the 16th man in camp with the team. Ike is a 6’9 250lb power forward who has played for 4 NBA teams (and has been on 5 teams overall) since being selected with the 9th pick in the 2005 NBA Draft.
Last season Ike was a New Orleans Hornet and did not register any time with the team. In 2008-2009 Ike split time between the Portland Trailblazers and the Sacramento Kings. Ike was originally drafted by the Golden State Warriors before being included in a trade that brought Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson to the Warriors from the Indiana Pacers.
Looking at this move makes me believe that either a deal is going to happen soon during training camp or one of the guards or small forwards will be either dealt or released because the roster is so backcourt heavy. Ike is a solid player who, while undersized, doesn’t mind playing in the painted area and using his strength to bang and box out for rebounds.
This is not really a win/win or a win/lose move for the Pistons as Diogu was brought into camp with no guarantees of making the team. Let’s hope he shows flashes of what caused him to become the #9 overall pick from 2005.