The Pistons beat the Spurs in OT 101-109. I’m gong to set most of the details aside like:
- The officiating
- The hack a Ben Wallace fiasco that Pop pulled.
- The fact that Kuester left Ben in after 5 consecutive fouls.
- The almost fit of rage and the headband toss from Ben when when he finally was pulled with a little more than 2 minutes left in the game.
- The 10 point lead widdled down to one.
- The Manu flop.
- The Rip tech that could have cost the Pistons the game.
- Some clutch baskets by Stuckey.
- Ben Gordon coming to life.
I guess I really didn’t put anything aside, but here is the video I took of the reaction from the crowd when Antonio McDyess was introduced at the Palace with the Pistons Intros.
I have to say I am a bit disappointed that they didn’t make a bit more of Dyess’s homecoming. In fact I felt that they almost cut off the cheers by starting the introductions.
It was a great win, I’m anxious to hear your thoughts.
Welcome Back Antonio McDyess
The 19-35 Detroit Pistons host the 31-22 San Antonio Spurs this evening at The Palace of Auburn Hills. This marks the first time Antonio McDyess will be back at the Palace after signing with San Antonio this season.
I know you may not believe this but, I’m more excited to see Antonio’s return than I was for Sheed’s. Dyess will forever hold a a special place with me for his character, will, determination, and most of all his heart.
Forget the Spurs Scouting Report, let’s pay tribute to Antonio.
Tip is at 6 :00 pm EST and will be televised on Fox Sports Detroit. For the radio broadcast tune in to 97.1 The Ticket or follow the action over at NBA.com.