The 1-0 #Pistons are on the road to take on the 0-1 Grizzles in Memphis. Memphis looks to bounce back in their home opener, after taking a hit in their opener against a San Antonio team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.
- The good:Detroit will have Rodney Stuckey back in the lineup after recovering from a broken thumb he sustained a few weeks back. Brandon Jennings looks like he will return on Sunday against the Celtics, adding to the number of Detroit players who’ve donned a mask on court to protect their injuries.
Memphis stands at 4-14 in home openers.
- The bad: Memphis, is coming off the best season in franchise history and have won seven straight against Detroit.
- The unknown: Who’s front court will dominate? Detroit matches up well against Gasol, Randolph and our old friend Tayshaun Prince. If Drummond, Monroe and Smith have decent games the Pistons may be heading home for Sunday’s match-up with the Celtics 2-0.
Tip off is at 8:00 pm and will be broadcast on Fox Sports . If you can’t catch the game on TV, catch it on the radio over at 97.1 the Ticket.
The 12-25 #Pistons are in Memphis to take on the 21-15 Grizzlies. Memphis has won three straight and nine of 11 after dropping seven of the previous nine.
- The good: Greg Monroe and his 19 points and career high 20 boards.
- The bad: The Grizzlies have owned the matchup of late, winning four in a row by an average of 13.0 points. The last on Jan. 20, winning 98-81 at Detroit behind 24 points from Gay.
- Who to watch:Rudy Gay, Greg Monroe and Rodney Stuckey.
- The unknown: Can Detroit finally have some success against a solid Memphis team?
Tip off is at 8:00 pm and will be broadcast on Fox Sports. If you can’t catch the game on TV, catch it on the radio over at 97.1 The Ticket.