Could the current configuration of this Pistons team be a stepping stone to future championships (EFC’s and the NBA) like in 2001? Well we do have Chucky Atkins and Ben Wallace back so who knows.
Video Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons
On another note, those may be the best highlights I have ever seen from Jon Barry, someone needs to let him know.
As a Pistons fan in what seems like unfamiliar territory watching this seasons’ NBA Playoffs, it took me back to a time when things changed for the Pistons. You can say as fans that we are spoiled, six consecutive ECF appearance with a two Championship showings and one NBA title. I don’t call it spoiled, in fact I call it a bit of domination.
That team of journeymen who soared to great heights over accomplished according to NBA standards. Chauncey, Rip, Wallace X2, Prince, Memo, Elden, Corliss etc… started something that didn’t suddenly come to an end. A little bit of that special something died when the Pistons lost to the Spurs, when it looked like they were going back to back. A little more so when Ben Wallace bolted for Chicago and the final straw was the Chauncey Billups trade.
We should have seen right then that it was over, but that’s what we do as fans. We root and hope and we stand by our team even though we know the ship is sinking.
I remember another sinking ship called The Bad Boys. It first started taking on water when the Pistons lost to the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs after winning back to back championships. The release of Vinnie Johnson started the take down, and the rest is what it was, the end on an era in Detroit Basketball history. This video will bring it all back….
As we hope NOT to repeat history of years of mediocrity, we have a common thread that may keep us afloat. Joe Dumars was there through it all, let’s hope he will do whatever he can to right wrongs and start a new trend instead of following an old one.
We don’t have much longer to wait to see just what we as Pistons fans have to look forward to.
- Amir is a confident starter.
- Great Joe Dumars Youtube mix.
- Amir is making his Youtube presence known.
- We may get to see Herrmann on Wednesday.
- “On Monday, point guard Chauncey Billups tweaked the right ankle he sprained early in the exhibition season, and reserve center Kwame Brown suffered a slight shoulder strain. Neither is expected to miss time.” Via The Detroit Free Press
- Corliss Williamson is being inducted into the Arkansas Hall Of Fame.
- Cavs fans want Maxiell.
- “Maxiell has said he wants to stay. The Pistons have a clear role for him; even though Michael Curry plans to rotate five big men through the lineup this year, Maxiell is one of the eight players he says is in line to get at least 15 minutes a night.” Keith Langlois True Blue Pistons
- Not many opportunities for Samb.
- Ticketmaster has ruined professional sports.
- Sharpe can play D.
- I’m setting up The Need4Sheed Fantasy leagues and will be posting the information some time tomorrow. We filled up 5 pretty fast last season and it’s first come first serve with the winner of each league getting a Need4Sheed T-Shirt so be on your toes for the announcement.
- Don’t miss the Fox Sports Detroit half-hour Pistons Season Preview airing on the following dates/times: Thu. Oct. 23 – 10 pm, Fri. Oct. 24 – 1:30 pm, Sun. Oct. 26 – 6 pm, Mon. Oct. 27 – 7:30 pm, Wed. Oct. 29 – 11:30 am & 6:30 pm.
- NBA TV Detroit Pistons Preview