The 21-35 Detroit Pistons are in LA to face the 23-33 Clippers (late) tonight. With a win tonight, the Pistons could make it seven straight road victories against the Clippers. The Pistons would like to extend their winning steak, but they haven’t won three straight since Jan. 12-16.
I know one thing I can count on, plenty of Detroit love a The Staples Center.
The Scouting Report via Pistons.com
Tip is at 10:30 pm EST and will be televised on Fox Sports Detroit. For the radio broadcast tune in to 97.1 The Ticket or follow the action over at NBA.com.
The injuries are piling up along with the losses for The Detroit Pistons, who lost their seventh straight game to the Los Angeles Clippers 104-96. Detroit kept it close until late in the fourh, with help from Jonas Jerebko and Ben Wallace, the rebounding machine. Ultimately the story of the night for the Pistons was a lack of defense down low for Detroit, who allowed the Clippers to shoot 60% from the floor.
- Career highs for the rookies Austin Daye and Jonas Jerebko, who each started in place of the Pistons injured starters Ben Gordon and Tayshuan Prince. The first time two rookies started for the Pistons since Allan Houston and Lindsey Hunter.
- We lost the broadcast feed of the game in the fourth quarter and had to watch the remainder of the game from the Palace Vision feed. Our good friend Tim Bryant, who keeps us in the know about all FSN broadcasting changes, confirmed the cause of the problem. ” The cause of the technical problems during the 4th quarter of Friday’s Pistons telecast were due to an overheated circuit board in the production truck which forced the loss of transmission (and the truck had to be evacuated as a safety precaution). Our crew hustled as best they could to patch in the Palace Vision video for the final few minutes of the game” Glad nobody was hurt.
- The Chris Kaman to Detroit rumors will once again gain some momentum after his performance last night at the Palace. Chris scored 26 on 11-for-13 shooting with 7 boards and a blocked shot. Want him more now Pistons fans? He’s not only a native of Michigan, but he’s currently leading all Centers in the NBA in scoring.
- Jonas has a fan club! If you saw the broadcast you know what I’m talking about. Got to get a screen cap of the two Swedes cheering Jonas on all game. Maybe that was the reason for his career game.
- Sweeeeeeeede led the Pistons with 22 points, 5 boards and an assist in 33 minutes of play. He’s got the hard work ethic that we like in Motown. He was on the bad end of a few foul calls, but he made the most of every minute he was out there.
- If one day you come to the site and it has changed over to Need4Swede…you’ll know why.
- Injuries aside, this team is getting eaten alive when we play a team with quality front court players.
- I thought maybe Joe Dumars was going to have a Black Friday sale of his own after that game.
- Late fourth quarter bad decisions from the guards didn’t allow the Pistons to get it very close when they needed to.
- Rodney Stuckey scored 21 points on 10-for-24 shooting with 7 assists and two turnovers. He’s doing what he can for the team while the lineup is depleted.
- I still find it shocking that we are winning the board wars night in and night out, but we can’t pull out a win. The Pistons with 43 rebounds and the Clippers with 35.
- Seriously, what the heck has Arnie Kandor done with Ben Wallace, and can he please do it with BG, RH and TP? Ben with 16 boards on the night adding 5 points, while playing 37 minutes. I thought he would be a nice addition when the Pistons got him for the veterans minimum, but really who could have expected this? I know plenty of Pistons fans were happy, but did you really think the 2003-2006 version of Ben Wallace was returning…Fro or not?
- Will Bynum, 4-for-17 shooting for 14 points. That’s two non Will like games for the Pistons new spark-plug. He did add 9 assists and a steal, and we have to remember he’s a little banged up too.
- Austin Day started the game strong for Detroit stroking jump shots like he was unfazed that he was starting his first NBA game. He finished with 13 points on 4-for-11 shooting, with 5 boards and an assist.
- Calling Jason Maxiell! Please stand up….please.
- No blocked shots for Detroit, while Marcus Camby had 6 of his own for the Clippers.
- Did anyone notice when Ben Wallace came out of the game all of our defense went with it?
- 46 points in the paint for the Clippers. If that stat doesn’t tell you we need defense down low I don’t know what does.
Highlights of the game via NBA.com
- The Clippers’ last win against the Pistons was a 74-72 victory at Staples Center on Nov. 3, 2002.
- I know we aren’t winning, but I am surprised that people are complaining about Kuester. Do you remember Michael Curry? I think he’s doing a heck of a job with his three best players out.
- I thought Charlie Villanueva would have stepped up more with his team on the mend. He finished the game with 11 points on 5-for-15 shooting with 5 boards. We knew he was not a defensive player when he came here, but he’s got to score when we need him to.
- Kwame Brown and Chris Wilcox need to do a lot more than they are doing, period. DNP for Wilcox against the Clippers.
- Since the last few minutes of the game were brought to us from the Palace Vision feed it was weird to see the ridiculous way the crowd acts on my TV screen at home. I never could understand what happens to people when they have a camera pointed at them. Is it time to make a total fool out of yourself for everyone to see, or do most people think it’s cool? I get a similar feeling when they give away free pizza at the Palace, people cheer more for a slice of free pizza then they do for their team, I just don’t get it.
- Sunday afternoon game against the hot Atlanta Hawks, spells disaster with none of the injured likely to return.
Our good friends Bennie and Jeff are back with their Second Podcast of the season. Did you miss their Top five lists, because I did. Along with the Top Five Front Court Players, we have Tayshaun talk, trade talk, Kaman talk an the Need4Swede.
The boys also answered some of your questions and comments you left for them last week. Best of all we have a few new unbelievable sponsors!
Don’t forget please leave Bennie and Jeff your thoughts in the comments. They are waiting to hear what Team Need4Sheed has to say.
Team Need4Sheed Podcast – Top Five Front Court Players
|Download||Subscribe in iTunes||Subscribe in a reader|