The #Pistons did what they were supposed to do on a snowy Saturday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills against a lesser opponent, dominate them. Detroit treated their fans to a 113 – 96 blowout against the Philadelphia 76ers, making it just the second time this season that they have strung together two consecutive home game victories.
- Five Pistons in double figures and three with double-doubles. The usual suspects being Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, but Kyle Singler added another tying his career high in rebounds with 10.
- The last time Detroit had three players with at least 20 points and 10 rebounds was Dec. 3, 1997 when Grant Hill, Bison Dele and Lindsey Hunter all reached those numbers in a 108-103 win over Phoenix.
- Andre Drummond started the game off on a mission and really showed the league that they make a mistake no selecting him as an All-Star reserve. Drummond finished the game with 22 points on 10-if-11 shooting, with 14 boards and a ridiculous five blocked shots. Did I mention this steal for a Dummified dunk to start the second half?
[cvg-video videoId='190' width='725' height='400' mode='playlist' /]
- Don’t forget Greg Monroe who also posted big number going 8-for-10 for 21 points, with 12 boards, three assists and four steals in 28 minutes. If he ends up going at the trade deadline there will be a ton of unhappy Pistons fans out there.
- Drummond and Monroe were a combined 18-for-21.
- Great night for Singler to put up a good game. Stuckey with just eight minutes on the floor scoring just one point. Stuckey was complaining of dizziness.
- I so want to root for Gigi Datome, but the limited minutes he does get never seem to amount to anything. He was 0-of-4 in seven minutes on the floor.
- Caldwell-Pope with 12 points on 4-of-11 shooting. Looks like it’s going to take at least a full season to get his shot consistent. I do however like what he does on the defensive end.
- Smith, 4-of-10 for nine points and nine boards. I don’t think I’ve come across one Piston fan that can say they like him. If you’re that fan please let me know.
- Brandon Jennings is always looking for his shot. He was 6-of-17 for 20 points and just four assists.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[cvg-video videoId='191' width='725' height='400' mode='playlist' /]
- Bynum, who is notorious for looking for his own, had six assists in just 22 minutes. Brandon was on the floor for 37.
- Kid Rock and Pistons owner Tom Gores in the house. I’m pretty sure Gores does not own a long sleeve shirt. Despite Gores Always Sunny attire, he claims he understands this team needs time.
- Nice to see Detroit hold a team to under 100.
- I’m really getting to like the other Josh more and more.
- It’s fun to watch when they play like this, isn’t it?
- Monday in Miami should be different.