It’s been quite a long time, in fact since February 24 of 2006 since the #Pistons beat the Bulls in Chicago. The 92-72 victory put the Pistons at 500 ball since early in November when they were 2-2.
- Brandon Jennings led the way with a season high 33 points, five assists, and two steals in 41:55 on the floor. Jennings was hot from downtown knocking down 5-of-8, the last a glasser reminiscent of Sheed. Jennings outscored the entire starting lineup 33-32.
- The Pistons took advantage of a broken down Bulls team that didn’t have Deng, Butler, Mike James and as we know Derrick Rose.
- Just three Pistons in double figures.
- Detroit led by as much 19, but it was a tie game at the half. The Pistons pulled away in the third quarter allowing only nine for Chicago while scoring 24.
- Rodney Stuckey left the game with a knee injury in the second quarter after a collision with Mike Dunleavy and didn’t return. No word yet on his status.
- Does Josh Harrellson remind any of you (who can remember) Bill Laimbeer? The hop he takes when shooting a three looks just like Laimbeer. All he needs to do now is develop a nice right hook. Harrellson finished with 10 points, five boards, two assists and three blocked shots in just 12:56 on the floor. Josh has played himself into this rotation.
Original Gif via www.jamesvandermemes.tumblr.com
Maurice Cheeks: On Josh Harrellson “Josh was good. Josh understands how to play the game. Not only to make a shot, he had 3 blocks tonight. If he doesn’t have a shot, he knows how to take the ball to someone else and he is a pretty good rebounder. He understands how to play the game. His 3’s and Brandon’s 3’s were big.”
- The Pistons big three didn’t score in bundles combining for just 22, but their work on the defensive end won this game.
- I don’t care if the Bulls were injury plagued, anytime the Pistons beat Chicago is a good day in Detroit.
- Four game winning streak.
- Singler keeps hitting his shots, which is good considering we don’t know the status of Rodney Stuckey. Kyle was 4-of05 for 12 points in 22 minutes.
- Turnovers are still an issue, Pistons with 18 on the night.
- Grabbing boards were Smith with 10, Monroe with 12 and Drummond with 14.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- If the Pistons can beat the Heat at home Sunday for the second time in a week, they have truly turned the corner.