If you’re a Pistons fan and you missed the Pistons at the Magic be thankful that you got a late holiday gift. Orlando trounced Detroit leading the Pistons by as much as 22 point in their 109-92 win.
- The Magic had not won on their own court in a month before Friday night.
- The dynamic duo of Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond didn’t bring their games to Disney World. Greg scored six with six boards, while Andre squeaked in another double-double with 10 points and 11 boards.
- Gigi Datome with 21 minutes on the floor shot just 1-of-6.
- Josh Smith 2-for-13 for five points.
- A big zero for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope who played 24 minutes.
- Despite how bad it looked and sounded, Detroit did make a run in the third quarter to get within seven. It was too bad that terrible ball handling and shot selection took them right out of it.
- Another game where Detroit makes a struggling sub-par team look like All-Stars (exception Arron Afflalo).
- Detroit, who lead the league in points in the paint were outscored by the Magic 58-48.
- Brandon Jennings led the Pistons with 21 points and eight assists.
Brandon Jennings: “At this point right now, we need every win we can get, we don’t want to keep letting games like this slip.”
- Jonas Jerebko and Josh Harrellson were the only two Pistons in the plus category for the game. Josh scored nine points and six boards, while Jonas scored eight in 13 minutes.
- Rodney Stuckey looks to have re-injured his shoulder.
- Will Bynum with 18 points in 19:55 on the floor.
- Video recap via NBA.com
[cvg-video videoId='176' width='725' height='400' mode='playlist' /]
- I’m ready to wash this one away in hopes of a Wizards win Saturday night.