The Pistons improve to 2-and-1 on the season after a 87-77 victory over the “new look” Boston Celtics. The Pistons Big-3 Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond each scored 15 points to help Detroit, donned in their Motor City uniforms, to a sold win.
- This is one of the deepest Pistons teams we’ve seen in years. Despite the Celtics making it close down the stretch, Chauncey Billups and Will Bynum finished this one on the bench.
- Five Pistons in double figures.
- Andre Drummond is a dunking/rebound machine! He lights up the Palace like nothing we’ve seen in quite some time. Dre finished with 15 (mostly dunks), 12 boards 2 blocked shots and 2 steals.
- Did you get your Drummond jersey yet?
- This happens alot!
Video courtesy of NBA.com
- If I’m a Celtics fan I just can’t root for that hair – Kelly Olynyk. Olynyk was the Celtics high scorer with 15 off the bench.
- Speaking of hair, is Gigi ever going to get playing time?
- Brandon Jennings made an immediate impression on the Palace crowd in his debut. Jennings with 14 off the bench for Detroit in 30 minutes with 4 assists, and 4 steals. Jennings makes this team different in a very good way. His first two points as a Pistons were pretty sweet.
- I wonder how that other Brandon is doing?
- Double-double for both Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe.
- Singler and Jerebko have played scrappy and hard in all three games of the season.
- Monroe with 10 boards and 15 points.
- Boy is the front-court fun to watch.
- The Pistons need to learn hot to put a team like the Celtics away. They had way too many chances to put it in the book, but almost let them steal one down the stretch.
- The Stuckey and Jennings tandem looks great.
- Josh Smith finished with 15 points on 7-of-15 shooting with 7 boards, 3 assists 2 steals and 2 blocked shots. I’m getting really fond of him when he’s not chucking up three-pointers.
- I’m a big fan of the Motor City uniforms.
- This one was a party in the paint. 54 points in the paint for Detroit and the board war won 44-37.
- Though they almost let this one slip away, the Pistons regained their composure and scored the last eight points of the game.
- Turnover an issues, the Pistons with 21 on the night.
Highlights via NBA.com
- Tuesday at the Palace against the Pacers will not be easy.