Brandon Jennings season high 28 points and a 13 point rally from behind couldn’t get the win for the Pistons, who have now lost six in a row in Portland to the Trail Blazers after their 103-109 loss Monday night.
- Portland torched the Pistons from behind the arc going 11-for-23 for 33 points.
- Six Portland players in double figures.
- Villanueva and Singler were the only power forwards to come off the bench for Detroit. Neither did much, each scoring two points.
- Great game for Andre Drummond, who took the bulk of the minutes in the loss. Dre finished with 16 points, 16 boards, 2 steals and a blocked shot in 42 minutes on the floor. Hard work payed off for the big man, who seems to always be in the thick of things for Detroit.
- Stuckey shot was off, Rodney was just 4-of-15 on the night for 13 points.
- The 9-0 Pistons run in the final minutes of the game was promising, but it again shows that this team doesn’t know how to put a game away yet.
- Brandon Jennings led Detroit with 28 on 11-of-24 shooting, with five assists and three steals. I don’t know if I’m alone in this, but to me Brandon looks like he’s not been that exited to be on this Pistons team. I hope I’m wrong.
- The defense looked terrible. With the big three all able to do their jobs on that end, everyone else needs to step up. Way too many easy buckets and second chances for the Blazers. Defend the three!
- For a team that knew they needed scoring from three, the Pistons haven’t done anything this season.
- Cheeks seems to be trying everything rotation wise and nothing seems to be working.
Highlights via NBA.com
Greg Monroe “We gave up 100-something points, that’s not acceptable. We definitely have to clean some stuff up. We have to start finding ways within the game, in earlier spots, to kind of take control”
- Tuesday night at Golden State isn’t a cakewalk either.