The Pistons lost one of those games to the Lakers Friday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills 106-102. One of those games that they should have won, but couldn’t close out. One of those games where they led and it looked like they’d pull it out. One of those games where they let their opponent go on a run late and never recover.
One of those games we are used to watching.
- With a 10 point lead in hand late in the fourth quarter Detroit make too many mistakes and allowed the Lakers to go on a 12-0 run.
- The Pistons biggest lead in this game was 10 points, the Lakers 4.
- They lost a game where they scored 76 points in the paint.
- Pistons fans certainly were upset walking out of the Palace Friday night. This is a game I hate going to because of all the Lakers fans. When Brandon Jennings missed two of his free throws late in the game and the crowd cheered like the Pistons where on the road, that just hurts. Then to lose like this is just frustrating.
- Josh Smith is still having trouble with his shot going just 4-of-16 for 8 points. He did bring it on the defensive end with 19 boards, 5 steaks and two blocked shots.
- Andre in foul trouble early limited him to just 16 minutes on the night, but he still managed a double-double with 13 points, 11 boards, a steal and a blocked shot.
- Wesley Johnson 9-of-11 from the three-point line.
- The problem defending the three is glaring for Detroit. The Lakers outshot the Pistons 43-3 from downtown.
Mo Cheeks: “I didn’t think it was any type of (system) breakdown, they stayed in the game by (the) three and got back in the game by (the) three. They spread the floor, they beat us off the dribble and they kick it to a shooter. That’s how they got back in the game and then we stopped scoring.” Via Pistons.com
- Hit free throws! They are free you know. The Pistons were abysmal from the line making just 13 of their 25.
- Brandon Jennings had a nice stretch late in the game with consecutive uncontested layups. He finished the game with 19 points, 9 assist in 41 minutes on the floor. Many Pistons fans want more from Jennings, but this is about the player he his.
- After the last of Brandon Jennings’ points with 4:59 to go, the Pistons didn’t make another basket, going 0 for 7.
- I never thought I’d say this, but where would the Pistons be without Rodney Stuckey, who again led the team with 22 points in 33 minutes off the bench. When a guy coming off the bench is your best player, things usually don’t finish well.
- Finish games, this is where Chauncey Billups helps. I can’t tell you some of these games would have been W’s for Detroit had Chauncey on the floor but it sure would have helped.
- Siva with his first NBA points.
- Greg Monroe does all the little things and tends to go unnoticed when the highlight reel is played. Moose finished with 19 points and 8 boards.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- A victory Sunday afternoon against the Sixers at home?