The #Pistons won their 28th game of the season Friday night after taking down the Charlotte Bobcats 113-93. Detroit, led by Jonas Jerebko, who matched his season high 21 points, put on show for the hometown crowd with a bevy of three-pointers and pretty plays.
- Andre Drummond twisted his ankle with five minutes left in the game and had to be walked into the tunnel by Greg Monroe and Arnie Kandor at the end of the game. Andre however is hopeful he’ll be able to play in the last two games of the season.
- Detroit fans had a ton of t-shirts when they left the game on Friday night (myself being one of them). The T’s for Threes program at the Palace had a ton of action with the Pistons hitting 12-of-18 shot from downtown.
- Word on the street is that Tom Gores is coming to town on Monday. I wonder if some jobs are on the line in Aubrun Hills?
- Fun game to watch, but I assumed it would have been easier to beat this Bobcats team. They do have Ben Gordon remember.
- Bynumite with a double-double on the night off the bench for Detroit. Will had 10 assists and 15 points for the Pistons in 26:48 on the floor.
- Solid nine points for rookie Khris Middleton.
- A ton of great Pistons Highlights via NBA.com
- Brandon Knight with 19 on 6-of-9 shooting with seven boards.
- Andre and Knight each turned the ball over five times. Detroit had 22 turnover on the night compared to just five the last game.
- Drummond is just fun to watch, he truly is the future of this team. Andre finished with 15 points, nine boards and one blocked shot on the night.
“We’re starting to play with some poise, that’s a good sign for next year. We’re just using this as a stepping stone. We’re not going to play in the playoffs, so we’re just going to continue to get better and work as a team to get better for next season.” Via Pistons.com
- Jerebko was fantastic again, leading the Pistons with 21 points of pure hustle. It’s a shame that for whatever reason he lost his spot in the rotation most of the season because he’s been contributing big time since he got his floor time back.
- No Calderon.
- Stuckey just 1-of-7 on the night.
- Greg Monroe with 12 points, 4 assists and six boards for Detroit.
- Fun game to watch and the team truly looked like they were enjoying playing this one. The game truly meant nothing but this young team gave it 100 percent for 48 minutes.
- Last home game on Monday against the Sixers.