No it’s not April Fool’s day, you’re reading this correctly. After 18 straight losses to the Chicago Bulls, the Pistons finally took a game from them at the Palace of Auburn Hills Sunday night 99-85.
- I don’t care if the game didn’t matter much and the Bulls were stacked with injuries. This team and it’s fans needed to get that monkey off their back.
- Brandon Knight has been red-hot for Detroit. Knight let the Pistons with 20 points, 12 of them coming in the third quarter.
- Credit the Bench for really helping out in this one. The starters fell behind early, but a much-needed boost from the Pistons bench helped Detroit to a victory.
- Andre with 10 boards and three points in 20 minutes on the floor.
- No Deng for the Bulls
- How about the play of Jonas Jerbko lately. This is the Jonas I remember from his rookie season. He doesn’t back down and he plays 100% it his team is up 30 or down 30. Jonas finished the game with 17 points, 9 boards and a steal in 27 very productive minutes on the floor.
- Never liked Carlos Boozer and still don’t, but it was nice to see Jonas Jerebko hold his own against him. Boozer led the Bulls with 21.
- Rodney Stuckey with another start and another productive game. Rodney scored 14 for Detroit, with five assists in 35 minutes on the floor.
- Jose Calderon is still being bothered with his right triceps injury and sat out another game. It will be interesting if Detroit gets him to stay this offseason.
- Tolerate him or hate him, Charlie V is just like that. He finished with a dozen points in 14:51 minutes on the floor.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2013/04/07/0021201150-chi-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Khris Middleton doing his part to play a bigger role on this team next season. He finished with 10.
- Bynum was back after the hand injury. Soak it in, you may not see him in a Pistons uniform after this season. In fact I’m pretty sure no one is safe except Andre Drummond. I’d like to think they’d keep Greg, but if a blockbuster is put on the table he’s pretty good bait.
- Next up, the Cavs in Cleveland on Wednesday.