The #Pistons got their 25th win of the season with a fifth consecutive win against the Cleveland Cavaliers Wednesday night. The 111-104 showcased Andre Drummond as he led the Pistons with a career high 29 points.
- Though Andre stole the show, Greg Monroe was solid again for Detroit. Greg finished with 23 point, eight boards and four assists in 38 minutes on the floor. It was a Monroe layup with 39 seconds left in the game that gave the Pistons a 105-103 they never relinquished.
- Stuckey is playing some of his best basketball of late. Rodney, in the starting lineup again, scored 18 with seven assists on the night.
- Looks like we may not see Calderon again this season…or the next if Detroit doesn’t sign him.
- A solid 16 from Bynumite off the bench.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Kyrie Irving led Cleveland with 27 points and nine assists.
- As I watched the game Andre started off like this and I knew he would have a big night.
- The let’s foul the big man or the “Hack-a-Shaq” strategy backfired for Cleveland. Andre, who’s not the best free throw shooter went 9-for-17. The Cavs fouled him nine times in the fourth quarter.
“I knew I needed to make free throws for us to win, so I just focused. Some went in, some went out, but all of them were on line. It gave me the chance to score more points. That’s the way you’ve got to look at it.” Via NBA.com
- Just five turnovers for Detroit on the night.
- As I watched how well Andre played Wednesday nigh I tweeted out just how I feel about what kind of player he’s going to be. Andre is the best draft pick since Joe Dumars. And I put Grant Hill aside because he was a no-brainer. Dre will be the pick that got away for all the teams that passed on him.
- Andre put up a double-double with 29 and 11 boards.
- Knight with 7 on 2-of-11 shooting.
- Pistons crushed on the boards 49-33.
- Just a few more to go in what seemed to be a very long season for Pistons fans. Next up, the Bobcats Friday night at the Palace.