This wasn’t you typical #Pistons vs. Bulls game we’ve been accustomed to lately. Despite the 94-95 loss Detroit played well, leading Chicago by as much as 13 points in the first quarter and led at the half. It however was Luol Deng and Nate Robinson who erased the Pistons six point fourth quarter lead to win the 18 consecutive game for the Bulls against the Pistons.
- Andre Drummond with a +11 in the box, more than any other Piston. Drummond scored eight with 14 boards on the night and a blocked shot in 22 minutes. He’s been back for two games and you can instantly see what he brings to this team. He’s the building block.
- Detroit shot 60 percent on the first half.
- Rodney Stuckey led the Pistons off the bench with 25 points and 10-of-19 shooting, 16 of those points coming in the first half alone. Great game from Stuckey who’s 3-pointer with two-tenths of a second left to pull the Pistons within one of the Bulls.
- Charlie V added 14 off the bench with 6 boards and two blocked shots. Villanueva nearly tied the game on a triple with six seconds left in the game, but I’m sure Charlie is still thinking about the late fourth quarter steal when Robinson took the ball away from him.
- I’ve always been annoyed by Nate Robinson, but after he got into Brandon Knight’s face after a fouled Butler, I’m even less fond of him. It’s the little man complex.
- I find it kind of insulting to put Andre Drummond’s two air ball free throw misses as one of the highlights on the game recap page as its own clip. I know they were important free throws, but I don’t think it needed it’s own highlight clip like it was a posterizing dunk. I don’t remember them doing that before, but correct me if I’m wrong.
- Turnovers killed Detroit. The Bulls scored 24 points off of the Pistons 17 turnovers.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/bulls/2013/03/31/0021201097-det-chi-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Despite the loss, one of the more enjoyable games to watch.
- Jason Maxiell missed the game due to an eye injury. Bynum out with a hand injury.
- Brandon Knight scored five points on 2-of-6 shooting with four assists in 36 minutes on the floor.
- English and Middleton with minutes and zero points.
- Jose Calderon playing with tendon issues in his right arm scored 11 points with five assists.
- Singler with eight and six boards.
- Detroit with Andre wins the rebound war 45-37.
- Next up in Toronto Monday night to take on the Raptors.