The #Pistons lost their sixth consecutive game losing to the Jazz 90-103 Monday night in Utah. To make things a little bit worse for Detroit, Brandon Knight went down early in the first quarter with a sprained left ankle and never returned.
- You have to feel for Knight, who was all over sports media when he got posterized by DeAndre Jordan just the day before. When he went down it looked extremely bad as he had to be helped off the court. Knight thought it was much worse than just a sprained ankle initially.
“To be honest with you, I wasn’t sure, normally, when I sprain my ankle, I have the power to at least walk off the court. I turn ’em and I can walk it off. But this one, the pain wasn’t going away and I couldn’t put any pressure on it.” Via Pistons.com
- No word on how long Knight will be out.
- It looked like Greg Monroe’s comments about his team not playing hard or caring after Sunday nights lost to the Clippers seemed to work. Though they didn’t get the win they sure didn’t give up. They trailed by 18 in the second but rallied back to get within five points with just a few minutes left in the ball game.
- Greg added another double-double to his totals for the year finishing with 15 points, 13 boards, three assists and a locked shot in 41 minutes on the floor.
- Jerebko and Stuckey each had 15 for Detroit.
- Speaking of Stuckey, he finally hit a shot. Rodney was 6-of-10 for 15 with four boards, two assists, and two steals in 35 minutes on the floor. Too bad he’s been the invisible man most of the past two seasons.
- Mo Williams led all scorers with 20 points. Quite honestly, I didn’t even know he was still in the league.
- Khris Middleton with 12 points in 24 minutes on the floor all from behind the three-point line. He’s been quite a surprise this season, doing everything asked of him when he gets minutes.
- Detroit has now lost 15 straight road games.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/jazz/2013/03/11/0021200945-det-uta-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- I’m really hoping that Detroit can keep Jose, unless some miracle happens in the Draft Lottery. Calderon with another solid game finishing with 14 points, seven assists and two steals.
- Detroit shot 60.9 percent in the third quarter and scored 33 points.
- Jerebko making a solid case for a rotation spot.
- Will Bynum with 12 points on 4-of-11 shooting in 19 minutes.
- Charlie V 1-of-7 shooting for two points.
- Golden State on Wednesday night.