This one was just about over from the opening tip Sunday evening in Los Angeles. The Clippers gave the Pistons a 129-97 beating that consisted mostly of jaw dropping highlight from the home team.
- Brandon Knight may never get over this one.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/clippers/2013/03/10/0021200942-det-lac-play4.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Watching this was hard on any Piston fan. Thankfully Greg Monroe took the thumping very seriously.
Greg Monroe: “There was just no effort, no fight,clearly upset and clearly sending a message. “It was an embarrassment. Maybe guys don’t care. Something has to change, though. This can’t continue. If you don’t want to play, just say it. This has got to stop. This is unacceptable.”
- Greg finished with 10 points, five boards, and four assists. He may not always fill up the box, but one thing about Monroe he always seems to be giving 100%.
- Nothing was working for Detroit, they allowed the most points the Clippers have scored since a 140 point overtime victory four years ago.
- Nice to see Chauncey score 10 with six assists for the Clippers.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/clippers/2013/03/10/0021200942-det-lac-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Jose Calderon led the Pistons with 18 points, 4 assists and a steal in 29 minutes. I think his assist to turnover ratio since getting to Detroit isn’t as good as it was, but somehow I don’t think it’s his fault.
- Brian Hill filled in for L Frank who probably won’t be able to be with the team for this entire trip.
- The Clippers shot 62% on the night.
- The 32 point loss is the highest for Detroit all season long.
- No need to keep going about this one. This is a game you want to forget if you’re rooting for Detroit.
- It doesn’t get any easier Monday against the Jazz, who the Pistons haven’t been able to beat since they wore short-shorts in the NBA.