The #Pistons got utterly embarrassed by the Spurs Sunday night in San Antonio 114-75. It’s games like this that tend to show you just how much work Detroit needs to do to be relevant.
- Greg Monroe led the Pistons with 18 points and eight boards but a -33 in the box. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a number that big, ouch.
- Charlie Villanueva with the double-double not Greg. Villanueva with 10 points on 4-of-11 shooting with 10 boards in 25 minutes.
- Manu Ginobili didn’t miss a shot till mid third quarter. He led the Spurs with 17 points in 22 minutes on the floor.
- Nothing really went right for Detroit after having the game tied at 12 with five minutes left in the first quarter. After that it was all San Antonio.
- The Spurs with 35 assists on the night.
- Low-lights via NBA.com
- The Spurs led by 20 at the half and started off right where they left off starting the third forcing Frank to call a quick timeout. It didn’t much matter as San Antonio just kept adding to their lead.
- The Spurs biggest lead 37!
- Quite honestly, the Spurs made Detroit look like a JV high school team. You just wanted it to be over.
- Love it that Popovich took a time out in the fourth when Detroit got a few buckets. The score was Spurs 96 Pistons 68, can’t let them get too close Pop.
- Take notes L Frank.
Lawrence Frank: “We don’t have the margin for error when you’re playing the best team (in the league). We’re definitely capable of doing better, and we’ve shown it. We’ve got to be locked-in on one thing, and that’s got to be about the team. It’s got to be the team first. That’s why San Antonio is such a great model. They play agenda-free. The effort is there on both ends. That’s why when you get your butt kicked like this, everyone across the board has got to be better because it’s embarrassing.” Via Pistons.com
- Brandon Knight shot just 3-for-14 on the night for eight points, two steal and a team leading six assist.
- Jose put up 14 points on the night, but was an ugly -30 in the box.
- Jerebko, who is making the most of his minutes, scored 10 with five boards.
- Demoralizing is a great way to describe this one.
- Detroit fans will be watching the tournament this year to find their favorites for the draft this year if they already don’t have one. Need a Bracket? March Madness betting offers at MarchMadnessAction.com
- Next up the Sheedless Knicks on Wednesday night at the Palace.