Another valiant effort from the #Pistons Friday night as they once again fought their way out of a big hole to give themselves a chance to beat Dallas. Despite a 24-8 run and snatching a 97-96 lead in the fourth, but the Mavs came right back and took down the Pistons 102-99.
- Who would have thought little used Khris Middletion and Charlie Villanueva would be the ones to dig Detroit out of their whole late in the game.
- Middletion put up a career high 14 points, ten of them being in the very important fourth quarter.
- The fourth quarter run gave life to the crowd at the Palace who were extremely loud.
- Another hustle night for Jason Maxiell who put up double-double with 13 boards, 12 points a steal and a blocked shot in 34 minutes on the floor.
- Greg Monroe returned with 14 points and 10 boards on the night.
- Best wishes to Lawrence Frank who missed his second game tending to his ailing wife in New Jersey.
- The Mavs with seven players in double figures.
- Rodney Stuckey just looks horrible. Another game where he didn’t make a basket and looked lost in his 13 minutes on the floor. “Stuckey took just one shot, had zero rebounds and one assist in 13 first-half minutes against Dallas after missing all 10 of his shots spread over 35 minutes in losses to San Antonio and New York.” Via Pistons.com
- Charlie V with a quick 12 points in 13 minutes.
- Hard work again for Jonas Jerebko who played scrappy again. Jonas scored five points and five boards in 14 minutes.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 21 points on 9-of-17 shooting with three assists and three boards.
- Singler getting better and better on the defensive end for Detroit. Three steals and a blocked shot in 27 minutes is always a plus on a team that needs to play better D.
- Jose with seven points and seven assists.
Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2013/03/08/0021200919-dal-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Despite the hard-fought games and the “they almost had it” it’s time to just look towards next season.
- It gets pretty rough as the Pistons go on a four game West coast trip that starts on Sunday against the Clippers.