The #Pistons are going in to the All Star break on a good note. After losing a miserable game on Monday night against the Hornets, Detroit took on a hot Wizards team and got the job done with a 96-85 win at the Palace.
- Greg Monroe with his eight consecutive double-double for Detroit. The last Piston to do that was Grant Hill. Monroe who’s doing whatever he can to make up for the absence of Andre Drummond finished with 16 points and 18 boards!
- Isn’t it nice to have a great PG? And isn’t it nice to have two PG’s playing well? Jose Calderon and Will Bynum combined for 44 points.
Kyle Singler “Jose is a solid player for us. He’s been a great addition. Just things outside the court; his enthusiasm is great for the team. But his ability to come in and make threes, spread the court, and give us another ball-handler on the court is very valuable to our team, and it’s nice to have him out there toward the end of the game.” Via Pistons.com
- Jose in fact was hitting so many three’s (6-of-9) that almost everyone in the crowd at the Palace got a free t-shirt. He led the Pistons with 24 points, three assists, a steal and a blocked shot. Be thankful for Jose, who was the only one in the early going that could score for Detroit.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Will finished the game with 20 points in just 21 minutes, 12 of which came in the critical fourth quarter when the Pistons were battling for the win. Bynum played a great game and led the Pistons in assists with eight on the night.
- Rodney Stuckey once again took his All Star break early (check the stats). Rodney with 2 points on 0-for-7 shooting. I’m so over him like four seasons ago.
- Give it up for Slava Kravtsov who was great help on the defensive end for Detroit, especially in the fourth when the Pistons went on a run and pulled away.
- Nice Oop for Slava
- By just looking at the score you’d never get the story of this game. Detroit took over the fourth quarter by dropping 31 on the Wizards and locking them down defensively.
- Another very solid game for Kyle Singler who is doing a lot of the Pistons scrappy work. Singler finished with 12 points, seven boards and a steal in 37 minutes.
- I was hoping to see Brandon Knight turn the quarter with the acquisition of Jose, but I think we may have to wait a while for that. Brandon with six points on 3-of-8 shooting in 28 minutes.
- Brandon Knight will be the only Piston represented in the All Star Game festivities. You can catch Knight in the Skill Challenge.
- On break until Tuesday when the Pistons welcome back Tayshaun Prince when they host the Memphis Grizzlies at The Palace.