The #Pistons lost their third game in a row to the Hawks 114-109. Detroit, who were without Brandon Knight and Will Bynum didn’t have enough to take down the Hawks who were light’s out from downtown outscoring the Pistons from three-point range 42-9 and getting a career night out of Al Horford who put up 23 points and 22 boards.
- The Pistons are now six and a half games back of The Bucks for the final playoff spot in the East.
- Being down three key players in this one, the rest of the Pistons squad didn’t do enough to keep themselves in this game.
- Rodney Stuckey, who needed to step up did. He led the Pistons with 22 points on 10-of-17 shooting with two assists, and five boards in 35 minutes on the floor.
- I would love to have Al Horford in Detroit, he’s got to be one of the best kept secrets in the NBA. He quietly puts up numbers game in and game out. Horford became only the sixth player in the past decade to put up 20 points and 20 boards in a game.
- Their fifth game in seven nights is no excuse, especially with the pathetic efforts against Indiana.
- Jose with nine assists on the night for the Pistons, but just 3-of-11 from the floor with seven points and four turnovers.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- The rookies Khris Middleton and Kim English have been getting meaningful minutes of late and taking advantage of them. They’re not setting things a blaze, but they look good in spurts. English finished with a career high 10 points, while Middleton scored four.
- Jonas Jerebko wants his job back as do so many Pistons fans do. Best night of the season for the little used Jerebko, who scored 21 on 9-of-12 shooting with six boards, three assists and a steal. I doubt this will change Frank’s mind, but he’s been doing some serious rotation juggling to try to figure out what works so who knows.
- Mr. Frank please teach this team how to guard the three-point line. Sincerely Pistons Fans
- Monroe looked like he was going to have a huge night after finishing the first quarter with seven points, four boards a handful of assists and steals and a blocked shot. Greg didn’t have the game that Horford did, but no one can complain about 15 points, eight boards, five assists, two steals and a blocked shot.
- A steal and finish with a dunk.
Jonas Jerebko: “I feel like we’re a better defensive than we’ve been showing and we’ve got play harder,” Jerebko said. “We’ve got to come out and play harder in the first quarter and we’ve got to finish the game strong.” Via Pistons.com
- Lets hope they can take down the Wizards in Washington on Wednesday.