It looked like the #Pistons had a case of the “Mondays” when they took the court against the Hornets. With a nice two game win streak on the line by beating the Spurs Friday night and a dramatic win on the road Saturday night against the Bucks Detroit had a much easier opponent to go up against the Hornets Monday night. It was just too bad nobody game to play except New Orleans.
- The 105-86 thrashing was quite embarrassing. The few Pistons fans that were in the building really couldn’t believe this was the same team that just dominated the Spurs.
- To let the other Lopez brother dominate like that is unacceptable. Give credit to Robin, he played great but he was the only thing that the Pistons needed to stop in the first half and couldn’t.
- Not impressed at all with Anthony Davis, in fact I just dropped him off my fantasy team. He started for the Hornets and played just 17 minutes. Good call from the coach after he was 0-of-7. He did however grab 8 boards and block 4 shots when he was out there.
- Best part of the night…not the game that’s for sure. It was Andre Drummond in street clothes with his Superman like glasses on an a blazer shooting one-handed three pointers at the half and making them.
- Really…Ryan Anderson?
- I know he’s a spot up shooter, but they just kept letting him beat them. Anderson led all scores coming off the Hornets bench with 31 points, 15 of which came from behind the long line.
- Bynum, Knight, Villanueva…all turrable.
- When the Pistons got off to an 8-0 start things looked promising for about 3 minutes.
- Anyone actually like the Hornets alternative unis?
- Lowlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2013/02/11/0021200765-noh-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The refs did not lose this game for Detroit, the played horrible, but honestly that was the worst team of officials I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen the Pistons play the Lakers and Celtics in the late 80′s.
- Greg Monroe put up another double-double scoring 17 points, with 11 boards and two blocked shots. He’s really trying to pick up the slack with Andre out.
- Where are Slava’s minutes? It was out of hand, give the guy some minutes we need to use him until Andre is healthy.
- A miserable 36 percent shooting from Detroit against a not so savvy defensive team.
- Rodney Stuckey led the Pistons with 19 points, most of them coming from the line.
- Another decent game from Kyle Singler who scored 14 with five boards, and assist and a steal.
- That a way Jose, thirteen points and nine assists. His full court passes are so pretty.
- It would behoove the Pistons to step up their game and take the Wizards down at the Palace before All Star break on Wednesday.