Say what you will about the #Bobcats and their record because the #Pistons 105-99 victory didn’t come easy against the team with the worst record in the NBA. It took a combined 40 points from Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight and every one of the 48 minutes for Detroit to get their 22nd win of the season.
- Rodney Stuckey had a solid night, but it was his back to back three-pointer plays in the fourth helped the Pistons make a solid run in the fourth quarter and then take control. Stuckey finished with 12 points on 5-of-11 shooting with seven boards and three assists in thirty minutes.
- Stuckey and Bynum and possible Jonas are the players names that seem to be floating around at the trade deadline, but there is no solid rumor on any trades.
- Bynum also helped out with eight points and seven assists on the night.
- Jose put up 17 points for Detroit and was a perfect 4-for-4 from the three point line. Though he only had two assist he’s the kind of player that knows when he needs to score and when he needs to pass. I’m sold.
- Ben Gordon…still terrible. He played just ten minutes for the Bobcats. I’m sure they will still try to deal him by the Thursday 3pm deadline.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting with five assist and a steal in 29 minutes. Bad news is Knight left the game and didn’t return after he had a collision with Kemba Walker and hyper-extended his knee. His status for the game against the Pacers is undetermined as of right now.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Greg Monroe scored 19 points with seven assists and seven boards in a very solid night. I wouldn’t doubt if one of these days he puts up a triple-double. Too bad this had to happen to him last night. See Below
- How will Greg Monroe ever recover from this dunk by Michel Kidd-Gilchrist, it was beyond ridiculous.
- Speaking of impressing, how about Slava? We may not know how to spell his name, but he’s sure making and impression while he’s out there. It seems like we get a nice dunk highlight every time he gets some minutes. Slava scored six points in 13 minutes with four boards.
- Is Maggette still a Piston?
- Surprising stat of the night: Charlie Villanueva led the Pistons in rebounds with nine.
- Charlie V added 12 points in his 26 minutes on the floor.
- Is it just me or has Jason Maxiell been somewhat invisible of late?
- Next up Indiana on Friday night.
- Stay tuned for any trade deadline news.