The #Pistons took down the Orlando Magic Tuesday night in commanding fashion 90-105. It looked like this would be a battle to the end, with the game close up until the half, but Detroit’s defense held the Magic to just 14 third quarter points allowing the Pistons to build a sizable lead and never look back.
- The tandem of Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond put on the gas to help Detroit dominate the second half.
- Brandon Knight stepped up his game leading Detroit with 18 points on 7-of-17 shooting with four boards, five assists, three steals and four turnovers. He may not be the Pistons best point guard, but at least his defensive game is getting better.
- Only the pesky JJ Redick gave the Pistons problems leading all scorers with 26.
- Jameer Nelson make 2 of this 10 three point attempts. If he was on the Pistons and jacked up 10 three’s he’d probably be sitting where Jonas is.
- The Pistons were dunking away Tuesday night. Brandon Night put up another decisive dunk, as well as did Andre, but it was the Will Bynum alley-oop to Rodney Stuckey that really was amazing.
- Via Pistons.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/pistons/2013/01/23/TrendingSlamItHomemp4-2362178.flv /]
- Andre Drummond hands are amazing, he finishes at the rim with power and touch. He put up another double-double with 11 points, 11 boards, two blocks, and two steals. I think he deserves an A.
- Again…why isn’t Dre starting? “Andre Drummond came into the game with 3:22 left in the first quarter and the Pistons trailing 22-11. They immediately went on a 12-0 run and finished the quarter leading 26-25.” Via Pistons.com
- Maxiell also put up an 11 point, 11 board double-double adding one assist and a block in 22 minutes.
- Full Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2013/01/22/0021200615-orl-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Will Bynum is the best PG on this team plain and simple. He knows how to get the ball to his teammates and he knows where they want it. Will finished with 15 points, four boards and six assists with just one turnover in 25 minutes on the floor. The Will Bynum to Andre Drummond alley-oop combo is getting to be a staple. Throw it up and Andre will get it…he’s like the Calvin Johnson of the Pistons.
- His first half wasn’t much to talk about, but Greg Monroe got the Pistons going by scoring 10 quick points in the third quarter on his way to 16 on the night. Monroe added six boards in 2 assists and looked determined after the half.
Photo/Getty Images editing Need4Sheed.com
- Old friend and the Magic’s leading scorer Aaron Afflalo was held scoreless.
- The defense is stepping up. Detroit with eight steals, five blocks and winning the board was 41-54.
- Kim English with 2 points in his 3:36 cleanup minutes.
- Wednesday night on the road against a surging Bulls team will not be easy.