The #Pistons got off to a great start Sunday night against the Celtics, leading by as much as 18 points. The Celtics however came right back and were down just four at the half. The Pistons didn’t let this one go, by playing solid after the half and amassing a 16 point lead to beat Boston 88-103 to snap their two game losing streak.
- The Twin Towers are really making this Pistons team fun to watch. Greg and Andre combined for 31 points.
- Nice try Doc, fouling Drummond and sending him to the line didn’t work out for you. Drummond made six of his eight free throw attempts.
- I know I keep looking at Brandon Knight with a fine tooth comb every day, but if you look at his stat line against Will Bynum’s for Sunday night they look pretty similar until you get to turnover and minutes. Brandon and Will each scored 15 points, each has a steal, and 5 assists. Knight grabbed more boards, but had seven turnovers to Will’s one. Is Knight regressing…or is it just me?
Photo/Getty Images Editing Need4Sheed.com
- It was a nice win, and nice to see the Pistons bounce back after giving up most of their lead before the half. Also nice to see a big crowd at the Palace, but I can attest that to the many Celtics fans in the building Sunday night.
- Lawrence Frank needs to fix the Pistons turnover problems. Thankfully the Celtics turned the ball over a lot themselves. The two teams combined for 39 givebacks in the game.
- How great is a nice Drummond Dunk? Andre finished the game with 16 points, ten of them by way of slam, with seven boards, a steal and a blocked shot in 20:19 minutes. So, when are we going to see the big guy in the starting lineup?
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Another double-double for Greg Monroe who scored 15 points and 11 boards, not to mention that his five assists matched that of the Pistons two point guards. He’s been so solid, while keeping himself almost under the radar.
- Has Singler shaken he woes? He put up a solid game scoring 15 with eight boards, three steals a blocked shot and five assists. That’s got to be one of his best games since being inserted into the starting lineup.
- Jason Maxiell with 4 ridiculous blocked shots.
- Tayshuan added 14 points.
- Who thought, “here we go again” when Boston fought back and got the game to 55-54?
- Stuckey with just three points.
- Nothing like beating the Celtics. Well unless it’s the Lakers.
- Four straight over the Celtics.
- You can say it if you’d like. The Pistons are getting closer and closer to that last playoff spot in the East.
- Tuesday at home against Orlando should be a good one.