The Utah Jazz continue to have success against the Detroit #Pistons adding another victory in their match-up Saturday night. The Jazz rallied back from a 15 point deficit to beat the Pistons 90-87 at the Palace.
- Detroit was executing and dominating the Jazz in the first half. The Jazz came out on a mission after the half and the Pistons seemed to start their London trip early, pretty much laying down and taking it. They did however fight back and have a chance to tie with a three pointer, but a non call on a Brandon Knight three sealed the victory for the Jazz.
- You can be bitter about the non call on Knight, but the way the Jazz played in the second half they deserved this one.
- Brandon Knight scored 16 on 7-of-16 shooting with just one assist on the night. The criticism will keep coming until Brandon plays his position better or he gets moved to playing the two. He’s hot and cold, but this season he seems more on the cold side.
- Good turn out at the Palace, seems as though the Pistons recent winning ways are getting more fans in the building.
- Al Jefferson is so underrated.
- Greg Monroe was shut down in the second half. He still finished the night with his 14th double-double of the season scoring 12 with 11 boards, but his seven turnovers overshadowed just about anything he did.
- Quiet couple of games for Tayshaun. He put up eight with three boards and three assists in 33 minutes on the floor.
- It’s really starting to look like the Pistons need a true point guard on this team, something they haven’t had since Dumars traded Chauncey Billups. They do have Bynum, but I doubt he’ll ever get the starting job.
- Speaking of Will, he played great scoring 13 on 6-of-6 shooting with 4 assist and three steals. It was a Bynumite steal by Will at the end of the game that gave the Pistons a chance as the clock wound down.
- Highlights via NBA.com
Get the Flash Player to see this content.
- Daye scored five on 1-of-3 shooting and Villanueva scored four on 1-of-5 shooting.
- Stuckey with nine points on 2-of-6 shooting and two assists.
- 17 turnover for Detroit.
- Andre Drummond was solid again scoring nine on 4-of-5 shooing with five boards and a blocked shot. I knew he was going to be good, but honestly I didn’t know he’d be this good this quickly. We will soon be sending holiday cards to the eight teams that passed on him.
Photos Getty Images - Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Gotta love the Bynum/Drummond chemistry lately.
- Will Greg Monroe adjust defensively when Andre starts?
- Singler didn’t stuff the stats putting up just two shots and making them both in his 19 minutes.
- The Pistons biggest lead was 15, Utah’s 13.
- Besides Singler’s +2, Jason Maxiell was the only Pistons with a + in the box (+10). Jason finished with seven points, three assists, six boards and three blocked shots.
- Off to London for the Pistons, so we have to set our DVR’s for the 3pm start.