The #Pistons got their revenge against the Hawks Friday night as they hung on to win 85-84. After controlling most of the game and building a 17 point lead, the Hawks went on a 16-0 run and almost tied the game 85-85 with 5 second left on the clock. Thankfully the Horford three-pointer was reduced to a two and the Pistons kept the lead and hung on to win.
- The Pistons had the ball with 4.9 left and a one point lead, but Prince turned the ball over (bad pass) and gave the Hawks a chance at the win.
- Austin Daye had a great game and led the Pistons with 20 points (16 first half) on 9-for-11 shooting in 22 minutes on the floor. I can’t remember when Austin’s stock has been this high.
- Rodney Stuckey looked good in his return from his sprained left ankle. He finished with 10 points, a blocked shot, a steal and two assists in 24 minutes on the floor for Detroit. It was Stuckey who helped spark a 10-2 run to close out the first quarter.
- Seems as though Kyle Singler’s roll is diminishing.
- The best part of the game besides the win was this Star Wars Night video they showed at The Palace featuring Andre Drummond.
- I sat a row behind Billy Dee Williams who was in the house for Star Wars Night. He honestly looks like he hasn’t aged in 20 years.
- This game should have been a dominating win. Detroit, especially L Frank, has got to know what to do when the team goes into a scoring drought.
- Ridiculous one-handed ally-oop by Drummond. Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2013/01/04/0021200482-atl-det-play4.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Besides the dunk, you can thank Andre for partially blocking the last shot attempt of the game by Lou Williams to make sure the Pistons hung on to win this one. Andre finished with six points, nine boards and two blocked shots in 19:45.
Photo Getty Images/Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Solid double-double from Jason Maxiell with 10 points, 10 boards and three blocked shots.
- Happy Birthday to Will Bynum who scored five with five assists on his 30th Birthday.
- 52 points in the paint for Detroit.
- Great game for Monroe who out up 18 points with nine boards, three steals in 33:47.
- Brandon Knight, 4-for-11 shooting for 8 points.
- Highlights via Pistons.com
- Keep it rolling, a Sunday night win at the Palace against the Bobcats is very likely!