The Pistons vs. The Heat

The Pistons vs. The Heat

The 9-22 #Pistons are hosting the 28-5 Miami Heat Friday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. It’s not a stretch to say that the Pistons can beat any team in the league considering that they’re only losing by an average of 2.2 points per game, but this one won’t be easy.

• The good: No D Wade, who’s sidelined due to suspension (VIDEO).
  • The bad: The Heat have won seven straight against Detroit and 12 of the last 13.
  • The unknown: Can the Pistons starters play up to their potential, especially after Tuesday night’s performance? This should be one of the biggest turn outs at the Palace all season long, especially since it’s the only time the Heat make the trip to Detroit. Question is how may “Heat Fans” will there actually be at the Palace and will they overtake Pistons fans?

Tip off is at 7:30 pm and will be broadcast on Fox Sports . If you can’t catch the game on TV, catch it on the radio over at 97.1 the Ticket.

If you’re thinking of going to the Game Friday night at the Palace to see the Pistons face the Heat you can get tickets directly from the Palace with no Ticket FEES!

24 Responses to "The Pistons vs. The Heat"
  1. DWILL313 says:

My best friend is a Heat fan, and I am THE NUMBER 1 Pistons fan in the world. And we play basketball together in a adult league where we have to pay the refs. And every time the Pistons play the Heat, we bet ref fee on the game. And its safe to say that I NEVER win! lol, but I have a good feeling about tonights game… I just hope Brandon Knight does not blow it like he does every game…

• betterhands says:

the NUMBER 1 Pistons fan in the world thinks Brandon Knight blows it every game?

he leads the team in minutes played and is only behind Monroe in points per game. i’ve been extremely happy with his production, work ethic, attitude, and leadership. we’re luck to have him.

• edt says:

Be realistic. Brandon Knight is a dribble it off the foot kind of guy. He’s at 96 turnovers this year (only Kobe Bryant has more).

Three weeks ago I thought Knight had turned the corner after he had 2 or 3 career games, but he’s back to the form he had last year, which is “Not Really A Point Guard”.

2. edt says:

talk about choose your poisons.

1) the palace is like am morgue, you can hear the basketball players on the floor chewing their gum

2) the palace has a lively audience . . . . except it is rooting for the other team, the Heat.

3. betterhands says:

Time for an upset! Tonight is the night.

4. Drew says:

Stuckey is not listed for tonight’s game. What’s the deal?

5. edt says:

this is the best time for bynum charlie austin to look like champs

6. edt says:

its official our 2nd unit is better than our 1st unit

7. nikhil says:

wooohoooo. Awesome game. unlikely MVP’s….. Nat, are you ready to rechristen them as them as the Zoo Crew???

8. Dennis (Germany) says:

Haven’t seen Blaha that excited for quite some time!
    What a big win! Suck on that, LeBron!

9. greg says:

BYNUMITE!!! and yes I think this is the second coming of the Zoo Crew (although Max is still here and eating babies)

10. Brady says:

Oh. My. Gosh.

11. DWILL313 says:

I predicted it!!!! I knew we would win!!!… And yes, Knight is a bucket of turn overs. He over dribbles and shoots way to much, and I don’t see him ever being a good staring PG. he needs to be benched and learn that role.

12. DWILL313 says:

I knew it wasn’t just me lol

13. Nikhil says:

Makes u wonder things could have been different if they had won those close games against teams like okc, Atlanta, nets…..
    Anyways, I still think it will take a mighty effort to even mention playoffs this season even though they are just 6 games out as of today.
    Hopefully they continue to build on the lessons from each game.

14. RealGMToni says:

What you guys think about a RUMOR going around Greg Monroe to be traded for DeMarcus Cousins? I think Greg Monroe will be traded for a more athletic back to the basket scoring PF. I hope now that our bench is showing some good scoring game they been having other teams open their eyes and we can trade them and start bringing some players that fit in this team. Wish we get a true SG and SF, I’m happy with Andre and Greg not so much with Knight he needs so much to learn. Now it shows it hurts not having a man off the bench like Billups to show and teach this young man some tricks and how to be a leader and true PG Brandon Knight should and needs to become soon !

• Markov7 says:

i pray that moose – “braindead head” rumour stays on rumours otherwise all pistons management should get a lobotomy

15. DWILL313 says:

If Damarcus Cousins comes to Detroit, that would be a NIGHTMARE!!! I don’t care how talented he is, he is a idiot. And he would destroy team chemistry…

• Jo-El says:

I’m with you on that. He may be a more versatile big compared to Moose, but we need level-headed team-oriented guys on this young team right now, not me-first, tantrum-prone players.

I’d settle for trading for an upgrade at either wing positions right now. Buckets seems to have lost his touch and Stuckey is hurt. Daye is sort of stepping up but I surmise that’s only to increase his trade value before shopping him to other teams.

RealGMToni is right though we need a veteran off the bench to mentor BK7. And I think Chauncey might be the best guy for the job. Remember, he was touted as not being a true PG as well when he started in the league. He turned out okay, I would think.

16. DWILL313 says:

Billups was always a good PG. He just had been put in bad situations. He was traded from the timberwolves when he was playing great. This BK7 kid just doesn’t have it in him to be a leader of a team. If you watch games closely, he is always complaining to the coaches about what other players are doing wrong, and he’s always smacking his lips every time he’s subbed out the game. He’s arrogant and thinks he’s way better than he actually is…

17. IM_Toteh says:

I have been saying this all season long. Utilized what you have Frank! I hope other coaches’ around the league paying attention. Keeping your often on the bench serve to purpose to the team and their winning ways. Is about continuity that you as a coach want to voice, and sometimes tough love hurt the winning percentages. This bench plays like this every given night I feel sorry for the opposing team. Twice this season I was on the edge of my bed with elated face because of that bench.

Oct-30       102-113