The Pistons hung on to beat the Milwaukee Bucks 94-96 Sunday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Despite losing a sizable 15 point lead the Pistons won the game on the last two possessions thanks to four point from Tayshaun Prince.
- The Pistons led the whole game except the final two minutes.
- It’s nice to see that the team is learning to finish games.
- Brandon Knight has taken some heat as of late. He’s having trouble with his shot, he’s getting beat by on defense, and he’s turning the ball over more than the Pistons would like. He did however play solid defense on Ellis on the last shot attempt of the game by the Bucks to help win it. Brandon finished with 11 points on 4-or-12 shooting with three assists, three boards and four turnovers in 34:52 minutes.
- Singler has also regressed a bit with his shot, but made up for it with some nice defense. Kyle scored eight points on 2-of-11 shooting with seven boards, three steals and a blocked shot in 31:27 on the floor.
- Double-doubles from Jason Maxiell and Greg Monroe.
- Jason with 10 points, 10 boards and three assists in 26:20 on the floor including a signature putback jam.
- Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/12/30/0021200448-mil-det-play4.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The Pistons are winners of 4 of their last five games.
- Andre Drummond scored eight points with seven boards, a steal and two blocked shots and a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line. Did you ever think Andre Drummond could run the floor like he does?
- A Drummond steal and a jam – Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/12/31/0021200448-mil-det-play5.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Tayshaun Prince led the team with 20 points, two assists, and two boards int 34:40 on floor. Prince has been solid all season long and there really is no better person on this team to have the ball when the game is on the line.
Photo Getty Images/Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Villanueva with 11 and Daye with 5 points.
- Need4Sweede still hasn’t touch the floor, but Kim English did.
- When the Bucks took the lead with 1:06 left in the game all I could think was “great here we go again.” Thankfully they proved me wrong.
- Rodney Stuckey still sidelined with a bun ankle.
- Greg Monroe with 14 points, 10 boards, two assists in 28:32 on the floor.
- Pistons biggest lead 15 the Bucks 2.
- Will Bynum with eight points and five assists, two more than Brandon Knight.
- Love this stat – 60 point in the paint for Detroit.
- Kings, Hawks, Bobcats ad Bucks again. The Pistons have a shot at all of those games.