There isn’t too much to brag about when the Pistons beat the worst team in the NBA and that they only dressed nine players due to injury. I’m having some technical difficulties today so I’m not going to get too technical with the recap other than a few things I noticed at the game.
- The Wizards looked like a high school basketball team trying to hold their own. They shot 33% on the night with their only ray of light being Jordan Crawford.
- Five Pistons in double figures.
- Enthusiastic crowd, maybe it was because they knew Detroit was actually going to win the game.
- HUGE ovation when Kravtsov came in and a bigger one when He scored his first NBA points.
- Yes…Jerebko with garbage time. He played 5:46 and scored three points with four boards. Good to see the Swede, but I have a feeling it was temporary.
- The guy sitting next to me at the game was a novice Pistons fan and when I asked him who his favorite player on the team was he said Charlie V. Stunned, I asked why and he said “I like the headbands that he wears.” Classic
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/12/21/0021200384-was-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The sight of Drummond and Monroe on the floor at the same time is a pleasure. Both bigs played well, but Andre put up a double-double with 11 points, 14 boards and 5 blocked shots. OBEY
- Brandon Knight was a +26 on the night with 15 points and four assists.
Photo Getty Images Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Stuckey, who had five assists on the night and 11 points dished a beautiful pass to Drummond for the jam.
- They have to be shopping Daye right?
- It’s nice to make the basketball glow again.
- This has to be two in a row with another game against Washington,. Can I GuaranSheed it?