The #Pistons lost to the Nets in double overtime 105-107 Friday night in Brooklyn. I’ll admit that I was pretty disgusted when they were down 17 and looking like the game would be beyond a dud. But this young Pistons team surprised me by clawing their way back and possessing a six point lead with over a minute to go in regulation.
Regardless of how they were playing, I still had the recent “Pistons” feeling that they just wouldn’t be able to hold on the game. It’s not like they didn’t have their chances in overtime, the baskets didn’t fall.
- This one upset most of us more than usual.
- One big problem with this team is that they play brilliant at time and then moments later go through a stretch of horrible play that usually does them in.
- Down a point with 17 seconds left in the second overtime and Greg Monroe misses two free throws. He finished with 17 points and eight boards, but I still can’t understand why I guy that big with his skills can’t finish at the rim.
- I’m really starting to wonder what Lawrence Frank is thinking. Up at the end of the game, you need a stop and you have Drummond on the bench?
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/nets/2012/12/14/0021200328-det-bkn-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Drummond made an impression in his 18 minutes on the floor. He scored eight with nine boards and three blocked shots. Now why isn’t he playing beside Monroe more?
- Kyle Singler also mad some great plays, it was his rebound of Knight’s misses shot and then make that tied the game at 105. He finished with eight points, eight boards and three assists.
- Stuckey played well scoring 19 on 7-for-17 shooting with six boards, and three assists. I don’t know how he feels, but this teams plays better with him anchoring the bench.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 22 on 8-for-18 shooting, five boards and five assists in 47 minutes.
- Prince added a double-double with 12 points, 10 boards adding 6 assists and a steal in 44 minutes for Detroit.
- And yes, the refs clearly missed the Nets over and back mishap, but that’s not the reason Detroit lost.
- Tired legs for Detroit as they take on the Pacers Saturday night at the Palace.