The #Pistons got their second road win of the season Saturday night in Cleveland, when they beat the Cavaliers for the second time in a week 104-97. This however wasn’t smooth sailing, as the Pistons again let a large lead disappear and had rally late in the game to get the victory.
- Hats off to Rodney Stuckey and Andre Drummond who were pivotal in the third quarter. Putting Brandon’s game aside, the pair sparked the Pistons comeback.
- It was Jason Maxiell who kept Detroit in it early helping them to a 13-6 run to close the half down just three points. Jason finished the game with 10 points, 4 boards and a pivotal blocked shot against Varejao that seemed to give the Pistons the momentum.
- This team needs to stop giving up so many offensive boards. Noah on Friday and Varejao killed them on the glass. The Pistons were out-rebounded 35-46.
- What’s up with Greg Monroe? Not only is he slipping in the efficiency category of centers in the league, his shot isn’t falling and he hasn’t put up a double-double in forever. He scored 11 on the night but missed 6 from very close range. He needs to throw it down with authority when he’s that close to the hoop. Monroe added four boards, three assists, a steal and three turnovers in 29 minutes.
- Do we need to send out a search party for MOOSE?
Original Art by Al Kigore editing artwork Need4Sheed.com
- While we’re at it, maybe someone should help Kyle Singler find his game. Kyle was 2-for-4 for 9 points and two boards, an assist and two turnovers in 35 minutes.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- His stat line doesn’t amaze, but Andre Drummond had a great game. He put up nine points, three boards and a blocked shot in 21 minutes on the floor. Andre, in my opinion, is way ahead of whatever schedule we thought he was going to be on.
- Brandon Knight led all scorers with a career high 30 points adding seven rebounds and five assists. It was Knight who seemed to make things happen right when Detroit needed a boost late in the game. His three pointer with 2:56 left to make it 97-89 seemed to quiet the fans at the Q and help Detroit keep on track.
Photo/Getty Images Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Tayshaun continues to contribute putting up 14 with eight boards in 34 minutes.
- Charlie V still getting playing time and producing, while Jonas continues to rack up DNP coaches decisions.
- Monday in Philadelphia to finish the two game road trip.