The #Pistons are now 0-2 on the season after Friday night’s 89-92 loss to the Suns. Despite an 18 point game from Tayshaun Prince, the Pistons couldn’t hold it together to pick up the win.
- This wasn’t all Phoenix, down 39-28 with 8:00 left in the first half, the Suns, led by Scola, outscored the Pistons 26-7 the rest of the half to take a 54-46 lead at the break.
- After going 1 of 10 against Houston, Rodney Stuckey was 0 of 7 against Phoenix and didn’t play after coming out midway through the third quarter with a terrible migraine headache. You can see that when Stuckey doesn’t play well that this teams chances to win severely diminish. He’s got to get going for the Pistons to have a successful season.
- Solid game from Brandon Knight who scored 13 points with 10 points. Nice to see him bounce back with a double-double after the sub par game Wednesday night.
- What’s up with Bynum? He’s really seemed to learn what his role with the team is. Will scored 10 points, three assists and one assist in 16:40 on the floor.
- Andre Drummond led Detroit’s rebounding with eight in 19 minutes. Andre the Giant finished with 5 points on 2 of 3 shooting with 2 blocked shots and an assist.
Photo/Getty Images-Editing Need4Sheed.com
- Greg Monroe scored 10 on 5 of 17 shooting with 6 boards.
- I’m going to put this note on my desktop so I can copy and paste it every game. Ready?
Charlie Villanueva, and Austin Daye – DNP Coach’s Decision
- I’m hoping that when Maggette comes back that Daye and Villanueva get “injured” and both Corey and Kravtsov dress for games.
- They never really threatened the Suns in the second half until the final minute. Brandon Knight’s triple at the buzzer didn’t come close, though, after Kyle Singler’s three with 4.2 seconds left pulled them within two points.
- Atrocious shooting in the paint. You can’t miss 24 shots down low and expect to win.
- When Jason Maxiell (bless him) had another solid night. Jason scored 16 points, with six boards and a blocked shot. He’s looking just fine sharing minutes with Jonas. When he’s hot, he’s always good for a highlight.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/suns/2012/11/02/0021200024-det-phx-play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Jonas was solid and full of energy. He scored 11 points and grabbed one board in 16:36 on the floor.
- Every time I see Kyle Single it’s more and more evident that he’s going to be solid and that he did the right thing by playing in Europe last season. He finished with 5 points on 2 of 2 shooting in 23:55 on the floor.
- Out rebounded 39-52
- Biggest lead for both teams was 11 points.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/suns/2012/11/02/0021200024-det-phx-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The Pistons didn’t want to go into Staples Center to play the Lakers by losing to the Suns. The second of the six game road trip isn’t going to be easy for the Pistons on Sunday.