The #Pistons got their first home win of the season courtesy of the Boston Celtics. This time around the Pistons didn’t blow their lead in the 103-83 win. In their other three home games, the Pistons held double-digit leads in the second half, but defensive collapses turned into losses.
- The Pistons were led by Greg Monroe, who put up his 6th double-double of the season with 20 points on 8-of-11 shooting, with 13 boards, while adding 2 assists and a steal in 31 minutes. Does anyone think he’s not a better player than he was last season?
- I don’t care who’s leading the team in ppg, Jason Maxiell needs a medal of honor for his performances this season. He was unbelievable again against the Celtics, finishing with 15 points, six boards, with a steal and a blocked shot in 30 minutes on the floor. It might sound cliche, but he really was everywhere all the time.
- Congrats to Rondo who needed all 47 minutes to get his 10th assist of the game, extending his double-digit streak to 34 games, the third longest in league history.
- Andre running the floor again. This almost looks like a replay from the other night.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/11/18/0021200144-bos-det-play4.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Drummond played 18 minutes grabbing six boards and scoring four points. I do this thing when he’s on the floor, I stop watching everything else and just watch him. Let me tell you with every game he’s learning the system better and he’s making an impact.
- Singler with 14 on the night in his third night starting for Detroit. I’m very happy with Kyle in the starting lineup, are you?
- Six Pistons in double figures.
- They went from an abysmal defensive game against Orlando to playing the best defense of the season against the Celtics. Detroit outscored the Celtics 23-14 in third quarter, forcing Boston to shoot just 31.3 percent, while turning the ball over seven times.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/11/18/0021200144-bos-det-recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- I know many fans like a good offensive game, but I was raised on the Bad Boys and I love a good defensive shutdown.
- Every Pistons was in the Plus column, even Daye who played a minute and thirty eight seconds.
- I never thought I’d be think excited that the Pistons have Corey Maggette. He scored 11 points, with 2 assists and a rebound in 13:31 minutes. Shame on me for not tooning him yet.
- Will Bynum added a much needed spark off the bench since Brandon Knight wasn’t doing much of anything other than turn the ball over. Will finished with 7 points, 5 assists and two steals in 21 minutes on the floor. And let’s not forget a breakaway dunk in the fourth quarter that made him look like he was going to hit his head on the rim.
- Should we be worried about Brandon Knight?
- This is the kind of game the Pistons need from Rodney Stuckey, who scored 14 points off the bench, with 5 assist and 5 boards. He still think there is something off with him though.
- Detroit’s biggest lead was 22.
- Surprised at the limited turnout at the Palace. I know the Pistons aren’t doing well, and it was a night game on Sunday but the Celtics usually draw a crowd.
- BTW did you know Darko was on the Celtics now?
- Wednesday night in Orlando…revenge.