No it’s not a typo, the #Pistons took down the Suns 117-77 Wednesday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. The unbelievably fun game to watch (for Pistons fans), was the first time Detroit won by 40 points since Dec. 31, 2007.
- Anyone worried about the play of Brandon Knight, who got off to as slow start this season, should be relived. He seems to have his shooting stroke back. In his last four games he’s averaging 20.5 points. Brandon finished with 19 points, 6 assists and 2 steals in 24 minutes on the court. Let’s not forget he’s been great from long range, he went 3-for-3 from the long line on Wednesday.
- It wasn’t just the starters, everyone did their part in this massacre. Charlie Villanueva and Rodney Stuckey combined for 37 points.
- Charlie V is making himself look extremely valuable to this team lately. He finished with 19 points, while going 3-of-4 from downtown, all while playing a little defense. What’s in the water over at the Palace?
- The very sparse crowd at the Palace really loved this one.
- This was a ball game to start. Tied after the first quarter and up by 11 at the half, the Pistons did a number on the Suns starting in the third quarter and didn’t let up until the buzzer sounded. It almost looked like the Suns gave up.
- Andre Drummond continues to impress. I haven’t seen a player like this garner so much excitement from Pistons fans in a very long time. I can only compare it to the moment the Pistons got Rasheed Wallace for next to nothing and fans just knew he was going to put them over the top.
- Dre with six points, nine boards, two blocked shots and a steal in 24:47. The ally-oop dunk looks like its going to be a staple at the Palace.
- With Andre out on the floor it’s
DETROIT BLOCK CITY
- Every Pistons in the Plus column except
Jonas, who played just 5 minutes.Kim English. who played 5 minutes. Jonas another DNP.
- Don’t know if they showed it on the broadcast, but the Pistons huddled after the win in what looked like a pep talk led by Maggette and Prince.
- A rare non double-double for Greg Monroe, who finally got to get a little rest. Moose with nine points and eight boards.
- Do you think Lawrence Frank is finally listening to his critics about the rotation?
- What was with all the technical fouls from the Suns? Did I miss something?
- Are we going to start the Kyle Singler ROY watch? Singler impressed again putting up 12, with 2 steals, 4 boards and just working hard out there.
- Stuckey played arguably his best game of the season. Rodney with 18 points, four assists, five boards, a steal and a blocked shot. I love him coming off the bench and anchoring the second squad.
Rodney Stuckey: “Any way I can help my team win, I just thought tonight I came in and was being aggressive, having the ball in my hand, creating for my teammates. In transition I was attacking. That’s what I envisioned.”
- It’s finally fun to watch the highlights. Via NBA.Com
- The most balance game the Pistons have played in years.
- Gotta love a 36 point fourth quarter.
- Next up the Grizzles (who are no joke) Friday night in Memphis.