Despite Greg Monroe’s double-double, and Rodney Stuckey’s season awakening the Nuggets handed the Pistons their fourth loss of the season. Things looked promising late in the game when Detroit trimmed a 16-point deficit to seven with 3:38 left in the game, but Iguodala took over. He hit two free throws, scored on a dunk and hit a 15-foot turnaround fadeaway to put Denver up 13 to seal the game.
- Yes it’s a bit too early to start looking at the 2013 draft class.
- Brandon Knight really needs to find his game. Knight didn’t score his first points until midway through the third quarter, finishing with just two points on 1-for-6 shooting. He’s at least contributing in other ways. He had nine assists on the night.
- It was a massacre on the boards. Denver outrebounded Detroit 35-52.
- Great game from Greg Monroe who put up 27 points. Monroe’s double-double was the 52nd of his career. It was the 16th time he’s had at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in a game.
- Is it just me (I know it’s not) that has been ready for a Tayshaun trade since 2008?
- Surprise, surprse…Kim English has really made us notice him. He dropped six points in nine minutes on the floor.
- In other news Charlie Villanueva got his firs .04 seconds of playing time…that is all.
- Play more Drummond! Andre with seven points in 12 minutes on the floor with 2 assists and 2 boards. We know he needs work on the defensive end, but he’s never going to get it if he’s not playing. Let’s not forget his first and probably his only made three point attempt as the shot clock was running out.
- This team needs to learn to defend against the three point shot. The Nuggets finished with 30 points at the 3-point line.
- Stuckey shook off his migraines and finally got his shot back right at the start of this one. He wasn’t stellar, but it’s a start. He put up 17 points on 5-for-17 shooting, with 4 assists, 4 boards and a blocked shot in 39 minutes.
Highlights of the game via NBA.com
- The Pistons bench is really outshining the starters, they have been the ones to erase most of the deficits and get Detroit back into almost every ball game this season. No, I don’t think we can call them The Zoo Crew…maybe The New Crew.
- Another solid gave for Bynum, who continues not to force things and is leading the bench to solid play. Will scored five points in 15 minutes with eight assists and three boards.
- Who’s your breakout this year, Singler, English, Maxiell , Kravtsov, Jerebko?
- Middleton dressed instead of Kravtsov, but didn’t play.
- They have a chance tonight in the second game of a back-to-back in California Wednesday night. The scheduling nerds at the NBA weren’t very kind to the Pistons to start off the season.