Despite a fantastic game from the #Pistons Greg Monroe, who put up his first career triple-double, the Pistons still fell short to the Kings 103-105. DeMarcus Cousins had 21 points and 11 rebounds to help Sacramento hold off Detroit in a game that went right down to the wire.
- The Pistons have to stop putting themselves in a hole every game. The Pistons showed fight, coming from 10 points down in the second half to get within three in the final two minutes, but when you don’t play great defense that usually doesn’t add up to a win.
- So can we say that Greg Monore won the Cousins vs. Monroe match-up even though the Pistons didn’t get the win?
- Robinson…don’t touch our Swede!
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/kings/2012/11/07/0021200063-det-sac-play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Things are looking up for Brandon Knight, he hit a whopping five 3-pointers on his way to a 21-point night on 6-for-10 shooting in 34:10 minutes on the floor.
- Migraine Alert!
Rodney Stuckey scored just five points on 2-for-6 shooting in 34 minutes.
- The Pistons really have to concentrate on grabbing boards, they have yet to outrebound a team this season.
- I was hoping for Drummond to start on Wednesday, but he didn’t. To make matters worse he got a whopping 5:58 minutes of play.
- Jason Maxiell is doing enough to silence those who think he shouldn’t be starting. I personally think Tayshaun should be coming off the bench, but that’s a story for another day. Jason finished with 11 points, six boards, and assist and a blocked shot in 33:50.
- We really need to think of a nickname for the Swede-Singler tandem.
- Jonas with 7 points and Singler with 12, but both are doing more than just putting up points.
- Solid again for Bynum who finally knows his role on the team. Will put up 14 with just one assist.
Greg Monroe: “We got really close, but we have to find a way to push through. We did a lot of things well, but we have to focus on the defensive end. Like coach Frank said, we scored over 100 points; we should win the game. That’s point blank. So we have to find a way to focus on defense.”
- There were just two lead changes in this one and it was tied six times.
- This was a winnable game, next up OKC and then Houston on the road then back home to play OKC again on Monday. So…you know what that means.
Lawrence Frank: “I want to win the game, we all want to win the game. In order to win the game, we’ve got to put defense first. There were some good things offensively, but we have to be able to do both. We have it in us to do it. We’ve yet to do it for sustained stretches. Once we did – which we will – then we’ll get what we deserve. Right now, we’re getting what we deserve.”
- Is it fun for you?