The Pistons kick off the preseason Wednesday night at the Palace. That may not excite most people, but there are many Pistons fans that can’t wait to see what the future holds for their team.
I’ll admit that I’ve taken a little extra time on my summer vacation, heck I haven’t even tooned Viacheslav Kravtsov, or learned how to spell his name for that matter, but I really haven’t been this excited to watch this team in quite some time.
No, they’re not vying for championships, but there seems like there may be some magic surrounding the team again.
- What will Kyle Singler, who’s seemed to have a very productive season in Europe bring to the team?
- Is Andre Drummond all that we hope he’s going to be?
- Will Brandon Knight have a breakout season?
- Will we have a Need4Swede?
- Can Greg Monroe make the All Star team?
- Is Jason Maxiell going to see any time?
- We don’t have Ben Gordon right?
- Will Rodney Stuckey be the leader that they wanted him to be?
- Can Austin Daye prove he should be in this league?
- Will Kim English and Khris Middleton make the roster?
- Can Corey Maggette still contribute?
- Can Will still be Bynumite?
- Will Monroe, Drummond and Kravtsov be our Big Three?
- Will Tayshaun play the entire season for Detroit or be traded?
- Will Ben Wallace really stay retired? The other Wallace is back with NY.
- Will Charlie Villanueva play more minutes than me?
- Will Tom Gores be the next contestant on Dancing with the Stars?
So many questions, and a full season for the answers.
It’s not always sexy to pay attention to NBA preseason games, but I for one love to soak things up and take a look at what’s new with the Pistons.
The Pistons take on the Raptors Wednesday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Tip off is at 7:30 and will be broadcast on FSN Detroit.