The #Pistons Summer League games are upon us, and it starts on Monday July 9th. All five of the Pistons’ games in Orlando Summer League will be televised live on NBA TV while also being replayed each night. Bonus for all of those who have NBA TV.
The Summer League Roster consists of:
- F Austin Daye
- C Andre Drummond
- G Kim English
- F/C Yancy Gates
- G Armon Johnson
- G Brandon Knight
- F/C Vernon Macklin
- G/F Khris Middleton
- G Patrick Richard
- F Kyle Singler
- G Casper Ware
Unfortunately it looks like we won’t get to look at what Ukrainian center Vyacheslav Kravtsov can do for the team just yet. He’s in negotiation with the Pistons and can’t officially sign a contract with them until July 11th.
- July 9: Pistons vs. Jazz, 3 p.m.
- July 10: Pistons vs. Orlando, 3 p.m.
- July 11: Pistons vs. Thunder, 1 p.m.
- July 12: Pistons vs. Celtics, 11 a.m.
- July 13: Pistons vs. 76ers, noon.
The Rules are a bit different for Summer League games.
- 10-minute quarters
- 3-minute overtime period(s)
- 5 full timeouts per team per game
- 2 one-minute mandatory TV timeouts per quarter on the first dead ball at 5:59 and then again at 2:59 on clock
- Maximum of 3 full timeouts to be used in the 4th quarter per team
- 1 :20 second timeout per team per half
- 1 full timeout and one :20 second timeout per overtime period per team
- Teams will be in the penalty on the 5th team foul of each quarter
- Teams will be in the penalty in overtime on the 3rd team foul
- No foul out rule – for each personal foul in excess of 6, the opposing team receives 2 free throws. For each personal foul in excess of 10, the opposing team receives 2 free throws and the ball.
- 10-minute halftime periods during games
- 10-minute intermission between game
I don’t think I’ve been this excited about the Pistons Summer League games since…ever.