Happy? Sad? Depressed? Anxious? Melancholy? Ecstatic? Does the thought of having Charlie Villanueva to kick around for another potentially sluggish season give you hope for the 2012-2013 season? What is it, you guys?
- I’m excited about the opportunity to see guys like Brandon Knight improve and continue to gel with Greg Monroe and even Rodney Stuckey.
- I’m excited about potentially seeing Ben Wallace back for his much deserved farewell tour.
- I’m sad to see Austin Daye still in a Pistons uniform, after I had such high hopes for him.
- As high as my hopes were for Daye, they couldn’t have been higher than when the Pistons signed Charlie Villanueva and now my feelings about that move couldn’t be any lower. I can’t hate the guy, but I almost hate him for single handedly driving the team back to the Teal era on the court.
- Although it cost the team a 1st round pick, I’m happy to see what an expiring contract like Corey Maggette brings the team in return. So far, we’ve dumped Ben Gordon. We won’t know who won the deal until we see who takes Maggette’s spot.
I’m excited that Joe Dumars was able to acquire Dwight Howard for a handful of 2nd round draft picks!
- I’m happy to see what Lawrence Frank has in store for the team with a full offseason in place to work with them.
- How can you not be excited about the potential that is there with Andre Drummond?
- I’m happy that Kim English is talking about the Bad Boys as being the type of basketball he enjoys, he is now my favorite player aside from Greg Monroe.
- I can never hate Tayshaun Prince (because of this – god, look how young he looks), but I’m tired of having him be the centerpiece of the offense. Jerebko likely won’t ever be a starting SF in the NBA, but it’s time for Tay to sit for Coach Frank to fully realize what he has at SF.
- I always love a good baby feast from Jason Maxiell, who is entering the final year of his contract with the Pistons.
It’s kind of been a down offseason so far for the Pistons. There haven’t been any big splashy free agent signings or trades (largely due to the cap situation). How do you feel about the team? What are you excited about, if anything? What moves do you think will take place between now and Game 1?
Quick Poll: Who liked the podcasts? Is that a feature you’d like to see more of in the future? It takes some time for Natalie and I to do them, because of our schedules, but we’re happy to continue doing them if they were a fan favorite. (Except to that guy who said it sounded like I was chewing on my tongue, he knows where he can go and what he can do).