The Pistons 76-73 victory Sunday night at the Palace wasn’t pretty, but it showed that the Pistons believe in winning more than anything. As Detroit’s lottery dreams fade with every W on the schedule, it seem the most important thing on Lawrence Frank’s mind is teaching this team how to win.
- It took till the final second of this one to decide which team was going to get better lottery positions.
- Ben Gordon scored 15 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter. Gordon put the Pistons ahead to stay, 71-68, on a 3-pointer with 2:44 remaining.
- It was so bad that Detroit had just 29 points at the half.
- Brandon Knight with 19 points, 2 assists, 3 boards and a steal in 31 minutes on the floor. If not for Brandon and Ben this one wouldn’t have gone the Pistons way.
- I think Austin Day may have got his last chance last week, he was a DNP coaches decision.
- 27% shooting in the first half and 36% shooting on the night for Pistons. The Raptors didn’t do much better themselves shooting 37% on the night.
- The Pistons have shot below 37 percent in three straight games.
- This game was tied 16 times with 21 league changes.
- Despite the Hammer in the building at the half, the Raptors on a Sunday evening didn’t draw a big crowd at the Palace.
- Stuckey 1-for-7 for 7 points on the night.
- Ben and Brandon were the only Pistons in double figures.
- Greg Monroe with 17 rebounds.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Pacers Monday night and then just one more on Thursday at the Palace against the Sixers.