The #Pistons looked like they had a shot at breaking the 14 game winning streak that Chicago Bulls had over them, but a Derrick Rose three pointer with 6.4 seconds left to force overtime sealed the Pistons fate. The Bulls were just too much for the Detroit in OT pulling away to a 100-94 victory at the Palace.
- You can’t give Derrick Rose an open shot anytime let alone with the game is on the line.
- Despite a missed free throw late in the game that could have cemented victory for Detroit, Rodney Stuckey played a fantastic game. Stuckey with 32 points, 4 boards, 3 steals and an assist in 35 minutes from the floor. Had it not been for Stuckey, the Pistons probably wouldn’t have come close to competing in this one.
- Jason Maxiell just loves to give us a good highlight, and his thunder jam was one for the season reel. Jason finished with 6 points and 9 boards.
- The Pistons get baskets when their defense is working, and it led to a lot of nice buckets Sunday night.
- Derrick Rose going 9-for-22 for 24 and the dagger.
- The Pistons biggest lead 6 points, the Bulls 14.
- Charlie Villanueva showing he’s got trade value with a SEASON HIGH 13 points on 6-for-15 shooting with 3 boards, a flagrant foul on Derrick Rose and a technical to follow. The Bulls wound up shooting five free throws on that single possession, making four of them, to take a one-point lead with 4:20 remaining, Let’s get on the phones in the off-season Joe! Look at this play NBA GM’s.
- OMG…Damion Wilkins 2 points where highlight worthy.
- Messy basketball from the Pistons in overtime.
- Greg Monroe with 13 points and 8 boards.
- 12 lead changes.
- This team is learning to close games out…learning but not winning.
- Way too many Bulls fans in the building. When you hear the crowd cheering for a Kyle Korver three pointer with the game on the line, you feel like you’re being punked by Rod Serling.
- I don’t care…I still hate the Bulls, Kyle Korver makes me ill, I still can’t believe Brian Scalabrine is still in the NBA, and I still want to rip Joakim Noah’s bun off the top of his head.
- Good to see Rip in the building, he seems to be in the right place for himself. Hamilton finished the game with 13 points on 6-for-12 shooting.
- Prince with just 4 points on the night.
- A surprising DNP coaches decision for Jonas Jerebko. A conspiracy theorist would think something of Jonas not playing and Charlie with minutes.
- Despite the outcome, this was a very good game played by this Pistons team.
- Knight with 13 points, 5 boards and 7 assists and some gutsy shots in the face of Derrick Rose.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- A season high 13 made free throws for Rodney Stuckey.
- Ben Gordon a whopping nine points against his former team. I don’t know why they don’t double team the man!
- Next game is on Tuesday against the Cavaliers at the Palace. If you want to watch this one, you’d better head out to the Palace, this one won’t be televised.