With Dwyane Wade sitting this Easter Sunday game out with an ankle injury the combination of LeBron James and Chris Bosh was just too much for the Pistons to handle. The Miami duo combined for 48 points on their way to a 98-75 route of the Pistons.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 16 points and five boards in his first time playing in the NBA in the city where he was born.
- Just 8 assists on the night for the Pistons.
- The Pistons started 1 for 10 from the floor in the first 9 minutes of the second half after being down 10 at the half. That drought lead the Heat into a 22-point cushion that pretty much sealed the outcome of the game.
- Prince just 4-for-12 on the night for 8 points.
- Greg Monroe with 11 points, 7 boards, a steal and a blocked shot in 26 minutes on the floor.
- Stuckey put up 11 points, going 4-for-13 in his first game back in the starting lineup.
- We even saw some Austin Daye, but still no Charlie V. According to Pistons.com he’s DYING to play.
- Honestly this one was tough to watch and being that it was the holiday I wasn’t paying that much attention to what was going on, especially since it wasn’t going well.
- The Heat led by as much as 28 points.
- With the score 71-54 to start the fourth, Detroit missed their first eight shots to make things that much worse.
- Very few Pistons highlights in this one. Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/heat/2012/04/08/0021100838_det_mia_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Looking ahead…Monday night in Orlando to see just what kind of show is going on with the Magic.