The Pistons can’t get out of Florida soon enough after the last two games they played. If Sunday’s drubbing by the Heat wasn’t enough, Detroit got another beat down from the Orlando Magic Monday night. The 89-119 loss came from a Orlando team that was without their star Dwight Howard in a contest that saw the Magic team record a season high 15 three-pointers.
- This one got away from the Pistons quickly. While keeping it close in the first, they were down 21 points by the half.
- To prove a point as to how bad this one is, the missing in “DNP” action Charlie Villanueva entered the game late in the third quarter an played 18 minutes. CV31 was one of just three Pistons in double figures with 10 points.
- All Magic starters in double figures with Glen Davis posting a double-double and Jason Richardson leading all scorers with 22 points.
- The lone bright spot for Detroit was Tayshaun Prince, who led the Pistons with 21 points, 13 of them in the first quarter.
- Detroit led, 12-10, when Earl Clark blocked a Greg Monroe dunk attempt. Orlando outscored the Pistons, 42-18, over the next 14 minutes.
Lawrence Frank: “It’s very embarrassing, we’ve got to figure out which group we want to be. Do we want to be the group that was four and 20 or do we want to be the group that went near .500 basketball? It’s humiliating. It’s not acceptable.”
- Not cool..Stuckey banged knees on the last possession of the second quarter and stayed down for several minutes . He walked off eventually and warmed up after returning from the locker room. He was set to play, but didn’t feel he could go after warming up. Stuckey finished with 2 points in 16 minutes.
- Here is your lone Monroe highlight. Greg finished with 9 points and 5 boards.
- Brandon Knight had seven points and 3 assists in 28 minutes.
- In the basketball encyclopedia under ugly…there will be the box scores of the last two Pistons games.
- Up next, Thursday in Charlotte and Friday at home against the Bucks.