Yes, that’s right the #Pistons are now winners of five of their last six games after a 94-99 victory over the Wizards. So what if it wasn’t pretty, so what if the Pistons were supposed to beat the 12 win Wizards at home. They did, just not in convincing fashion.
- Rodney Stuckey back and looking good coming off the bench for Detroit. Rodney with 15 points on 6-for-7 shooting with 3 assists in just under 19 minutes on the floor.
- Ben Wallace is really making himself look good as he starts his ride off into the sunset after this season. He sure didn’t look like a 37-year-old out there on the floor last night. Big Ben with 8 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and a blocked shot in 27 minutes on the floor last night. Frank decided to keep Ben in for the final 18 minutes of the game for a defensive boost. I can’t even stand up for more than 20 minutes straight let alone play in a basketball game for 27. Kudos Ben!
Lawrence Frank: “The group that changed the game for us was Ben Wallace, Jonas Jerebko, Damien Wilkins, Will Bynum and Rodney Stuckey. We went up 20 with that group and it was because of their defensive energy. Then we rode it. … You look at the numbers – we shoot 52 percent. For us, that’s a pretty high-water mark, but the game changed defensively because of the impact of that group. That’s what we’re going to be. We’re going to be a defense-first team. We can live with a lot of other things, but we’ve just got to continue to grind and establish an identity.”
- Ok…so Charlive Villanueva is another DNP Coaches decision. Like I mentioned before I believe the fans that have been sticking with this team for the past few years should just split his salary. Wonder what my cut will be?
- Washington led just once at 3-2, but the Pistons didn’t really put the Wizards away until early in the fourth quarter.
- Greg Monroe led the Pistons with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting with 7 boards in just twenty minutes on the floor. Imagine how much better this team can be if he had a solid big man playing alongside him.
- Make your free throws and this one is a blowout. The Pistons were 23-for-39 from the line. Don’t put Big Ben in that mess, Ben was 5-for-6 from the line!
Ben Wallace: “I usually don’t make them until they make me make them. Tonight after the game, I got a text from my wife saying that she really hates when teams go to that Hack-A-Ben or Bump-A-Ben. But she’s very proud of the fact I can go up there and knock those shots down. As a player, you’ve got to accept the challenge and knock those shots down.”
- John Wall 28 points and 10 assists.
- Brandon Knight with 6 points, 1 assist and 3 boards in 28 minutes on the floor.
- Why doing they bring Macklin back and put Charlie V on the inactive list.
Highlights via NBA.com
- Maxiell with a double-double with 11 points and 11 boards.
- More wins means fewer balls, but I’m fine with it.
- Next up Atlanta.