The Pistons vs. The Wizards

The Pistons vs The Wizards

The 16-32 #Pistons are in Washington to take on the 11-37 Wizards Monday night.  Detroit lost the last one to Wizards in a 98-77 drubbing at the Palace of Auburn hills on February 12th.

• The good: Look like Rodney Stuckey is good to go for tonight’s game.
  • The bad: The performance that the Pistons put up for the Knicks game.
  • Who to watch: John Wall, and his ‘battle’ with Brandon Knight. Also keep an eye out for Greg Monroe, who won’t have JaVale McGee to deal with anymore.
  • The unknown: How effective Rodney Stuckey will be.

Tip off is at 7:00 pm and will be broadcast on Fox Sports Plus. If you can’t catch the game on TV, catch it on the radio over at 97.1 The Ticket.

14 Responses to "The Pistons vs. The Wizards"
  1. MrRockinWTB says:

*Patiently Awaits The Stuckey Hate & The Bandwagoners* LOL

2. edt says:

STUUUUUUCKKKKYYYYY for the win.

I swear the refs were trying to hand this game to the wizards, but the pistons really are a lot better than the wiz. It wasn’t pretty but I’ll take it.

3. Tycoon says:

I was expecting a blowout win, but this is ok.

4. Mel Crosby says:

Where you expecting a blow out win from us or the Wizards, cause the Wizards beat the crap out of us at the Palace. Or, you might of missed that game. You got to give Stuckey props ( to all Haters) this would have bee a loss if he had not played. Gordon , Daye, Bynum, needs to be released. Sorry, every time Gordon comes into the game I cringe. And I use to like Gordon ( when he was in Chicago) Daye is just as lifeless and Bynum continues to forces the issue to much. I believe all 3 would play better somewhere else. Monroe needs to strengthen his legs, he reminds me of Amir when he was with the Pistons. Stuckey coming off an injury really came through. This shows growth as a player for him. Impressed with Knight also even though he made rookie mistakes he played a balanced game and that hustle play for the ball at the end I believe triggered the win for them guys.
    Good Win Pistons.

5. Tycoon says:

Yes I expected a blowout win after tough losses and considering that Wizards lost McGee.
    Can anyone tell if we have won a game without Stuckey?

6. terry says:

Terrible win. I’m sorry Mel but how could Monroe possibly remind you of Amir Johnson?

7. Drew says:

No energy from either team almost the entire game. Glad we didn’t look the worst in a showing of some of the most mundane ball this league has to offer.

8. Mel Crosby says:

The way he fall’s to the ground all the time. Getting after a rebound he falls, trying to dribble through defenders he falls, he’s even fell to the ground making a dunk. Don’t get me wrong I love Moose, I just think he need to strengthen his lower body, and that will come in time. Amir doesn’t do it anymore, but his first few season he was always falling. And I’m sorry no win is terrible, that’s just crazy talk. LOL The team is still learning how to win on the road, heck the way they played the first half I was ready to turn the computer off.They could have given up but Knight Sparked the crew up with his hustle and Stuckey finished off the game with the winning shot with 5 seconds left, far from a terrible win. I glad there learning these lessons now, so when next year unfolds we won’t be seeing so many of these games.
    I remember a Bull’s team not so long ago 3 years to be exact going through the same process. This is our first year with a real coach. I like what I see.
    Oh yeah , and Macklin the other night 24pts and 20 rebounds if we get half of that 12 and 10 we’re doing good with him.

9. pistonsfan101 says:

I don’t remember the last time the Pistons were number 1 in the Top 10 plays. Good job Stuckey!

10. Derek says:

I will take this win! After heartless performances against the Heat and the Knicks it was great to see the guys grit their way to the Dub-u. Brandon’s numbers weren’t sexy, but when you look at the effort and the efficiency you’ve got to give the rook high marks. He played some tough D (forced Wall into a late turnover), his assist numbers were good, his turnovers were under control (only had 1), and the Gatorade bath was a momentum shifter!

Stuckey is finally turning the corner. His attempts at performing in the clutch used to frustrate me. Now he trusts his jumper. He gets good separation. He gets his shot off. He makes shots!

Moose redeemed himself with a tip in of his own! His numbers were modest but his heart was there…judging from the way he can’t finding the floor. lol. I can’t see the Amir Johnson comparison, Moose seems to have a better feel for the game. Amir was an exceptional athlete with energizer bunny hops and excellent lateral quickness. Moose is a throwback under the rim big man with uncanny passing ability and high skills.

11. Julian says:

Nice last second W on the road instead of last second L for a change.
    Stuck and Moose are co MVPs on the team IMO.
    Big game for Big Ben.

Go pistons.

12. Mel Crosby says:

Ok, I’m not comparing Amir’s game with Moose let’s get that straight. Amir is no where near Monroe, I’m talking about leg strength and balance. I believe I mention it in the last post. If you paid attention to Amir in his early years in the D, he always got pushed around and would fall on the ground. Monroe is the same way. In time he will get his leg strength under him, just like Amir finally did. I never compared their games though. You can’t even do that. Both good in there own right but Monroe’s style is totally different and he will be an All star pretty soon.

Oct-30       102-113